JamieP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest dee_rz

First off congrates to all the guys that run supra wise :cool: sorry i didn't chat to all, was great to meet both greg and sam whom which i had a great chat with as well as justin also who both did fantastic times......well i thought so but greg didn't which i guess is a good thing, roll on usc and other drag shows. :)

Also on the subject of that mg i heard it was 1700bhp :blink: (f-ing heavy and is not running what it should be) i may be wrong and this may be bull shit but with a turbo that size i'm guessing it's feesable .... a little bigger than at88 is an understatement :D, that drag monster evo with the 2.3 build seems to have started to get things right too set up wise as i believe it ran two 9.8 runs and one 9.7 :blink: damn quick, are we losing chase of the bigpower 4wd drive boys :( as they seemed to kick ass in general but then i guess thats down to the surface which leads me to believe justin should nail an 11 second run real soon on somewhere like pod :cool:

Thanks for getting this pic Michael - love it!

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/totb5/P1060336.JPG

Dunno what my best 1/4 time was, just know I'd ran a 12.5 @ 109MPH by mid day (before buggering off down the end of the runway on a pretend top speed run to recover my bro's broken GT4 and give him a tow outta TOTB so he could get RAC'd home :( ) . Wasn't entirely pleased by that - think I need some race gas to get the higher power / terminals especially since intake temps seemed pretty high. Maybe a FMIC would help with that also.

Top speed - Dunno... nobody saw my run.

Handling course - I did 1 sighting lap and 1 run right at the end so dunno if they got counted.... apparently got a 44sec and think I could have knocked a few secs off of that given a few more runs. Found I was too busy reacting to the corners rather than planning my course through them.

My BFG's don't have much life left in them. Maybe a couple of runs back at Crail. The abrasive (yet surprisingly low grip) surface really ate them up. Anyone know if the MT E/T Streets last any longer?

Well done to all who competed, and Justin - you must be on par for an 11 now at the pod given you were so close today at Elvington! :)

Cheers,

Brian.

:D A good day out guys n gals first time to the TOTB bit prisey to get in tho :blink: and they was checking the boots too !! as if you could fit a stowaway in the boot of a soop !!:blink: :innocent:

Good to see some new and old (well last week faces lol) How HOT was that sun !! jees, Pity about the Envy soop you worked so hard just to get it there too !! and well done to the other runners

Well Done Martin and karl for the "showing the way" to the soops stand/parking area :cool:

Cheers

Ian

Psst some pics :p

TOTB 5 001.jpg

TOTB 5 006.jpg

TOTB 5 008.jpg

TOTB 5 009.jpg

TOTB 5 018.jpg

TOTB 5 019.jpg

TOTB 5 017.jpg

TOTB 5 016.jpg

TOTB 5 002.jpg

TOTB 5 005.jpg

TOTB 5 010.jpg

Did you have fun on the handling course? Your car looks sweet :)

Yeah was fun, just wish I had time for more than one timed run! (44sec)

Thanks for the compliment - I thought it even looked kinda mean in drag trim!

Yeah was fun, just wish I had time for more than one timed run! (44sec)

Thanks for the compliment - I thought it even looked kinda mean in drag trim!

I think I may have some footage of your runs on the handling circuit, and a couple on the strip. I can't comment on the quality but I'll have a look tomorrow.

Mike

a pretend top speed run to recover my bro's broken GT4 and give him a tow outta TOTB so he could get RAC'd home
Brian,

Was that you or your brother I spoke to when I stopped and asked if you needed anything when you were under the bonnet outside TOTB?

What was up with it? I did ask but I couldn't understand the accent! :)

I think I may have some footage of your runs on the handling circuit, and a couple on the strip. I can't comment on the quality but I'll have a look tomorrow.

Mike

Nice one!

Jake - My bro and my m8 were still just outside TOTB when I went back in to try and get some more runs in - still had top speed and handling to do at that point.

Not sure what's up with it but we suspect a cracked block (weak point of the 3S-GTE) - we'll know for sure when we pull the engine out and take the head off to get a proper look in the bores. It dumped a bunch of white smoke out the back on his only top speed run (12.3 1/4mile that time incidentally) and then refused to start again :(