The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude at Santa Pod ice rink

dude

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pod is just shocking, the money they charge is getting to be a joke considering the facilities are crap and the surface is random at the best of times.

I have had a fishtail tankslapper in my import at 80mph on there, its not fun looking straight at the concrete wall wondering how much of the front of the car will be left once its finished.

Dude, you going to Top Speed Challenge up in Ipswich? much better surface for decent launches. Other option is to go to Pod a week before or week after a full European Drag race, they prep the track properly for those events funnily enough.

JB

Originally posted by Branners

Pod is just shocking, the money they charge is getting to be a joke considering the facilities are crap and the surface is random at the best of times.

I have had a fishtail tankslapper in my import at 80mph on there, its not fun looking straight at the concrete wall wondering how much of the front of the car will be left once its finished.

Dude, you going to Top Speed Challenge up in Ipswich? much better surface for decent launches. Other option is to go to Pod a week before or week after a full European Drag race, they prep the track properly for those events funnily enough.

JB

Booked in for the top speed challenge JB , hope to have the new trick gearbox in as well , in the mean time i'll run the car anywhere with some grip within a reasonable distance , i phoned the Pod this morning and have been waiting all day for a reply from their track manager , ironically hauser racing reckon its the front wheel drive boys that ruin the track , but when they take around £10K for a sunday with the 'chavs' roaring up and down they will carry on , they should post a warning 'NO HIGH POWER CARS '

As an aside it ran a 14.8 with road tyres and RLTC banging away on 20% the whole length of the track !!!!:mad:

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Terminator

Why anyone with a high power car uses Pod is beyond me:eek:

Pod is a 'known quantity' though, from about May to September the track is pretty much the same so you can repeat your runs and get the same sorts of times. Events at airfields do have many more variables involved so the times vary, Pod tends to add about 0.4 sec to a time when compared to an airfield. If somebody could find an airfield round the London area on to which timing gear could be setup then it would be so popular.

Dude, only place at the moment is Elvo up in York. You may want to chat to Chris Mann and see if the place down near Southampton might come up again, that was an airfield which would be nice and local to you.

JB

Originally posted by Xantim

You should make much better times than that........We have 2 Euro-spec supra (auto) that with BPU made 11,78 and 11,89 with street tiers at Mantorp Park here in sweden. And that on stock stall.

You still running at stock turbos?

I presume by street tyres you mean street legal drag radials?

Originally posted by Xantim

You should make much better times than that........We have 2 Euro-spec supra (auto) that with BPU made 11,78 and 11,89 with street tiers at Mantorp Park here in sweden. And that on stock stall.

You still running at stock turbos?

Yup stock turbos and silly boost (single kit waiting to go on) bit like Anthony Gobert (bike rider) saying ' i want to see how fat i can get and still win races ' well i want to see how much boost i can run and get a good time before i lose the turbos !!!!:)

Originally posted by Thorin

and the engine?

My engines fine because i have big injectors , big pump , big FMIC and big money in electrics to keep it safe , i'll be running the single on the same bottom end so the pathetic little stock turbos arent going to bother it and before you ask the gearbox and converter wont be stock either !!!;)

I presume by street tyres you mean street legal drag radials?

Same thing Thorin , BFG's are street legal tyres , you can get an MOT and get stopped by traffic , these are STREET tyres same as Nittos and the new Avons , they dont last long but neither do P Zero Rossos !!!! BTW Bridgestone S0 2's are capable of 1.7 60 ft times as well !!!

Originally posted by dude

My engines fine because i have big injectors , big pump , big FMIC and big money in electrics to keep it safe , i'll be running the single on the same bottom end so the pathetic little stock turbos arent going to bother it and before you ask the gearbox and converter wont be stock either !!!;)

Yeah I know that dude, I do wonder what your EGT are though running 1.5bar or whatever?

Originally posted by dude

you can get an MOT and get stopped by traffic

Is that strictly true though? I know the drag radials are DOT marked in the US but they aren't 'E' marked for over here, is that still ok to pass UK legislation? I've no doubt that nobody would probably give it a second thought though.

Originally posted by UK_S2000

True, but I'm a complete tart so I'll keep the soft top and remain a couple of seconds behind you and your turbos. :D :D

Hey S2000 person were you at RAF Heyford in October with the other Honda nutters for Motorsports events stage 1?

:)

I would have thought 1.7 would be a little optimistic, but on a properly prepped track I would have thought sub-2 secs easily.

You dont trawl thru supraforums like i do then !!!!, timing tickets dont lie , trust me BFG's are legal , whats the big deal with what tyres people run , my rear tyre on my bike was lucky to last 750 miles yet it was a street tyre , absolutley legal , if you want to drive round on granite then do so , too many people buy the car but wont go that extra mile and spend on the stuff to keep it running/driving like it should , in the car trade we call it 'champagne ideas on lemonade money '

ey up dude lad

may 16th is the 1st elvington rwyb day as far as im aware.

told ya you can stay over with my wippets in the shed:D

monkey boys back on the road so you 2 could ave a play on the strip.

my turbo arrived today.............oh my fookin god its huge:D

your more than welcome to stay over at mine the night before m8, i'll just open the west wing of the house, it hardly gets used:p

Originally posted by skylinelee

ey up dude lad

may 16th is the 1st elvington rwyb day as far as im aware.

told ya you can stay over with my wippets in the shed:D

monkey boys back on the road so you 2 could ave a play on the strip.

my turbo arrived today.............oh my fookin god its huge:D

your more than welcome to stay over at mine the night before m8, i'll just open the west wing of the house, it hardly gets used:p

Thanks dude , hopefully will be singled up by then !!:thumbs: