The mkiv Supra Owners Club

20 inch wheels on supra!!!!!!!

Guest timalbert

Hey, mate, I think 20"s on your Supe look great. Let's be honest, the Supra doesnt handle as well as most other jap cars anyway, so your not losing or spoiling a fantastically set up car, but acceleration may drop off. Because of your point situation, I guess that isnt a problem though!

Andy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't wish this to sound rude, but either your car is broken or you need some driving lessons!

Glad it's not only me that thinks that, the Supra is a fantastic handling car. Have you actually driven any other Jap cars or just been told that 'fact' by Subaru owners or something?? :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, the Supra doesnt handle as well as most other jap cars anyway, so your not losing or spoiling a fantastically set up car, but acceleration may drop off.

The next time I'm back I'll take you for a spin in mine, you might change your mind....

they look OK not to my taste on a sup - but so what it doesent matter there was a lot of rude comments there!!! he likes them, its his car!

lose the DUB sticker though.

Glad it's not only me that thinks that, the Supra is a fantastic handling car. Have you actually driven any other Jap cars or just been told that 'fact' by Subaru owners or something?? :rolleyes:

Sorry you all disagree. I know some of you are a little protective over Supras and view them with rose tinted glasses, but come on!....

And yes, Ive owned several MR2 turbos, a RX7 and lots of other 'sporty' type cars, and the Supra handles the worst out of all of them without a doubt.

Andy

Sorry you all disagree. I know some of you are a little protective over Supras and view them with rose tinted glasses, but come on!....

And yes, Ive owned several MR2 turbos, a RX7 and lots of other 'sporty' type cars, and the Supra handles the worst out of all of them without a doubt.

Andy

Yes but how many other Supras have you driven ?

Are those 19's you are currently running ? They could be the cause of your displeasure. ;)

Yes, Gamer, I know I havent helped! I drove a few Supras, one on a set of 16"s, one on 17"s, then mine came with 18"s, so going from 18"s to 19"s didnt make it any worse. In fact, because they were wider, it actually helped a little bit??

Have to admit, never been in a set up Supra with coilovers, sensible-sized wheels etc. Im sure it would make a big difference.

Andy

Yes, Gamer, I know I havent helped! I drove a few Supras, one on a set of 16"s, one on 17"s, then mine came with 18"s, so going from 18"s to 19"s didnt make it any worse. In fact, because they were wider, it actually helped a little bit??

Have to admit, never been in a set up Supra with coilovers, sensible-sized wheels etc. Im sure it would make a big difference.

Andy

Huge. Have a chat with Chris Wilson if you want to improve the handling of your Supra, although you might not like what you hear the advice will be sound.

I've had his suspension setup for a while now and it's supreb. Could be better on stock rims, but I'm not an expert behind the wheel and need 18's to clear the brakes so I'm happy with the compromise.

Ian, take me instead :D

He gone for the looks but I think those wheels on its own is very nice but not on a supra. I think the wheels makes it look like a very slow car.....

Same size wheel and a split rim and fat lip would look much better. I won't go for bigger wheels than 18" myself and I had a supra 19" wheels and incorrect set up and it is now RIP :search:

they look great.the 20" wheels have been done before.maybe you should have gone with 21" to stand out from the crowd.you have a non turbo auto supra so its not going to be fast.you gone for the look how cool i am look. nice like your thinking.

some red LED valve caps would finish it off for when your cruising round town at night checking all da hoes & bitches out.all the people slagging them off are only jelous.

i think they look da biz

Well I've had countless MR2's, Celica's (GT and some GT-Fours) and a couple of old Supras and have driven many more scooby's, mitsubishi's etc. and my UK Supra on standard suspension handles better than all of them. I can happily out corner my mate's well set up GT4 in the dry, and that's with him screeching on the limit.. I'm quite suprised that it handles so well to be honest but it's definitely all standard. I thought the J-specs were supposed to handle better than the UK's?? :blink:

Well I've had countless MR2's, Celica's (GT and some GT-Fours) and a couple of old Supras and have driven many more scooby's, mitsubishi's etc. and my UK Supra on standard suspension handles better than all of them. I can happily out corner my mate's well set up GT4 in the dry, and that's with him screeching on the limit.. I'm quite suprised that it handles so well to be honest but it's definitely all standard. I thought the J-specs were supposed to handle better than the UK's?? :blink:

The pic doesn't show it that well, but I'm doing 130mph out of this corner, only the noble M400 was quicker iirc...

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/images/vmax12/VMax12-37.jpg

they look great.the 20" wheels have been done before.maybe you should have gone with 21" to stand out from the crowd.you have a non turbo auto supra so its not going to be fast.you gone for the look how cool i am look. nice like your thinking.

some red LED valve caps would finish it off for when your cruising round town at night checking all da hoes & bitches out.all the people slagging them off are only jelous.

i think they look da biz

LMAO :senile: