The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Gumball 2006

S7EVE

Ok, those interested in the organisation of this event, Glyn, Ed, Ian and anyone else. Fancy a meet up next week to get the wheels in motion? Only about 9 weeks and September is upon us!

Open to suggestions for venue - maybe an evening next week? Thurs/Fri?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, those interested in the organisation of this event, Glyn, Ed, Ian and anyone else. Fancy a meet up next week to get the wheels in motion? Only about 9 weeks and September is upon us!

Open to suggestions for venue - maybe an evening next week? Thurs/Fri?

If local, reckon I could make it:)

Friday evening 8pm at Mitre Oak, Kidderminster/Worcester A449 - the starting place for last years gumball? Everyone welcome, can get some plans underway - worried this will be here before we know it.

Confirmed that the mkiii Supra owners and 350's will be attending.

Friday evening 8pm at Mitre Oak, Kidderminster/Worcester A449 - the starting place for last years gumball? Everyone welcome, can get some plans underway - worried this will be here before we know it.

Confirmed that the mkiii Supra owners and 350's will be attending.

Bugger!!!!!!!!!!! Of to Newcastle on Friday:( Have a good one:)

guys, I need to know:

- do you wish to use the quorn station for a start point or finishing line.

- What time so I can make sure the gates are open.

I'm asking the local pub landlord if we can use his carpark in an emergency.

Hey Ed - Either sound good to me, but probably the finishing point. As for time, not sure yet. Are you able to meet up Friday or maybe some other time? I'd like to get everyone's input on a route, stop off points, times etc.

I think we should make this an over nighter too, enjoy the social scene on arrival at our destination. What does everyone think? Currently looking at hotels, are you able to recommend any Ed?

Martin - Not a problem mate, we can confirm a route on Friday, but if anyone has any recommendations we'll try to satisfy everyone. :)

Nice little agenda sorted for Friday :)

Just incase I’m stuck at work or at a exhibition hall for this pre-event event on friday I would like to highlight some of my points:

Firstly, I really apologize for dragging my feet on the Station venue confirmation.

To be honest, I’m disappointed with the communication regarding the station management.

I’ve written two letters and spoken to a few people and although they seem enthusiastic they seem to be relutant to confirm available date and times.

My view is we should just decide a weekend and just turn up on the day (AM) un-announced.

As I can’t guarantee availability it would be best to use QUORN GSRW Station yard as a START point in the morning so we would have left before the public arrive and then finish the Gumball elsewhere.

The gates are unlocked around 9:00am so 9:30 / 10:00am would seem a good time to start.

I’ve asked the local pub and we could use their car park as a back-up option if needed.

----------

other ideas:

Could we have a route before the event so people with TOM TOM units can re-program the directions and less fortunate individuals like myself can memorized the route beforehand on the A ot Z maps.

I guess 100 - 150 miles,... as anymore would get expensive with fuel.

A 1/2 way point (Like the pub before) would be great for a meet-up, food and rest but with a pre-arranged arrival and departure time so stragglers are not left behind and food can be ordered.

thats it,... ideas guys?

Sorry about the delay, some good points Ed, all taken into account. I have been talking to a colleague and he has been telling me all about the MSA, so some interesting thoughts for Fridays meeting.

Dont want to seem like im taking control, but I have compiled a small agenda for tomorrow, please bring all your thoughts with you. I will be armed with Maps, Laptop with route planning software to help.

Aims for tomorrow:

> ideally walk away with a route or rough guidelines for a route in place.

> starting location

> meeting time and departing time

> rough checkpoints

> rough ideas/recommendations for lunch

> final destination

> Possible Overnight Stay

And plenty more to discuss... :D

Looking forward to catching up guys.

Dont want to seem like im taking control,

QUOTE]

Steve, don't worry mate .......... you organise away ........ someone has to and it seems to me you're an ideal mug errrm candidate for the job :p :p :p :p

I'll either be on the bike or in the zed so keep an eye out for me as I have a shite memory for faces and names ...... I might just recognise a supra if I see one though ;)

Hi All,

Firstly I'd like to thank, Burna, Jo, Glyn, Simon and Dave for meeting up last Friday to discuss our plans for the gumball. It was definately worth while, thanks for your help :thumbs:

The results are as follows:

The route has been confirmed, its length is very slightly over 150miles, estimated at just over 4 hours 30 mins driving. The start location is the Grand Central Railway Car Park in Leceister - meeting time is anytime after 8am. The gumball WILL begin and DEPART at 9am sharp! So please be prompt. Route maps will be issued to each vehicle along with emergency contact numbers just in case, please bring radios/sat nav if you wish.

We will be stopping in Shrewsbury for lunch at around 11:30, venue to be confirmed, however departure will be 1pm sharp.

The finish point is on the A449 between Kidderminster and Worcester, near the Mitre Oak, at Glyn's new property which has amble room for parking.

The *rough* Route

To make things slightly more interesting, each vehicle will be issued with a series of tasks to be completed along route, points will be awarded for each successfully completed task. The car with the highest number of points at the end of the day will win a special prize.

Estimated time of arrival at the completion point is around 3:30/4pm, upon arrival at the finish point there will be a BBQ for all, with the chance for any last photo's, prize's will be awarded and we are working on providing some entertainment for young and old ;) If the weather does turn, the BBQ will be on hold and the local Mitre Oak provides very good food and some fine ales. Glyn has very kindly offered to be host for the duration of the afternoon/evening. Glyn is offering all gumballers, the ability to Camp over in his acres of land if you wish, otherwise there is a Travelodge a stones throw away on the A449.

I will post more details very shortly.

So if its not already, put Saturday September 2nd in your diary!