The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Gumball 2006

S7EVE

Steve you need to edit calander entry so that we can allow people to add themselves to the event in the calender link matey.

Once we have decided exactly what we are doing I will prune the thread and leave the main points in it :)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve you need to edit calander entry so that we can allow people to add themselves to the event in the calender link matey.

Once we have decided exactly what we are doing I will prune the thread and leave the main points in it :)

Thanks Ian, Amended Calendar.

Great idea for prizes. I should be able to get trophies made up for it and the club will support us with this through club funds.

It also have access to the bunting and club signs that we use at JAE so if we have a finish point (Eds location) I can set up a marquee bbq and we can issue prizes at the end of the Gumball people can the head back to where they live in convoys after this.

Sounds fantastic Ian, lets try to make this one even better than last years huge success! If you need any assistance with anything i'd be willing to help out.

So, we just need to decide upon venue's and then we can arrange a route!

Get your names down guys! ;)

Have been looking at a possible route that could have a starting point around Worcester area then driving throught the Cotswolds (stratford moreton in marsh broadway boughton and stow) the getting on the Fosse Way by Halford and travelling across to Leicester to Eds location

what are your thoughts on this

Hi guys ........

F**king fantastic ....... I'm up for this one again !!!!!!!

It would be good if we could avoid any of the Jap car meets as I think we clashed with one last year but it was still a great blast :eyebrows:

To add a bit of spice we could look at doing it proper gumball style ....... with five of six check points to blast round with the directions or just map ref to the next point to be collected !!!!!! Might take a bit of planning and would need someone manning check points but I don't mind doing some of that !!!!!!

Cracking idea guys ..... count me in !!!!!!

Hey Glyn!

Great - glad your up for this. Hope we can expect the 350's along again then! I have knocked up a possible route/map according to Ian's suggestion. I'll aim to post this up later today.

Liking the orientering (sp?) idea... have to think about that one.

I think the dates are ok? I checked in our calendar and its free, but i'll do some more investigation to confirm. :)

Hi Steve,

Sorry I've been absent without leave for a while but we're looking at moving house and there was quite a bit of work to get madam's up to spec.

Yeah ....... if you want it might be worth interested parties meeting up for a beer and a planning sesh !?!?!?!

Hey Glyn!

Great - glad your up for this. Hope we can expect the 350's along again then! I have knocked up a possible route/map according to Ian's suggestion. I'll aim to post this up later today.

Liking the orientering (sp?) idea... have to think about that one.

I think the dates are ok? I checked in our calendar and its free, but i'll do some more investigation to confirm. :)

Hi Steve,

Sorry I've been absent without leave for a while but we're looking at moving house and there was quite a bit of work to get madam's up to spec.

Yeah ....... if you want it might be worth interested parties meeting up for a beer and a planning sesh !?!?!?!

No probs - a meet sounds like a good idea, get some plans in order.

Some thoughts I had:

Tried to follow Ians suggestion starting from worcester way ending up over Ed's area in Leicester. Thought about going round the north of the midlands this time? What does everyone think? This is only a starting point. Distance is 150 miles, estimated 4 hours to complete.

What about making this an over nighter? Perhaps arrange to meet up the night before or on the saturday night travel lodge/inn few beers and a meal?

Works for me ...... I don't want to hi Jack preceedings so if you want a planning meet and you want me there Steve you say where and when. HAve pm'd you my mobile number and e-mail

Definately Glyn, Ed - Are you guys free next weekend? 1st/2nd? Perhaps meet up in a pub and get some plans underway. Likewise anyone else who wants to get involved more than welcome - Martin/Ian ? That will give us 8 weeks until D-day :cool:

iam up for this, although an overnighter will be a prob but will come to one of the days.

what about a coast to coast trip. straight across say from skeggie to cardiff bay,(great shots on the severn crossing)

midland one was nice though, when when???:innocent: :nana: :ecstatic: :ecstatic: :clap: :nyah: :trampoline:

Looks good steve would be good if we could take it to Hereford first then to Leominster would give the chance for the Welsh guys to Join up with us if they wanted to come I could then post up in the welsh section aswell. Route would start of the same as last year