The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ever lied to your missus to mod your supra?

hogmaw

So far I used

"The back box was scratched and dented it had to be replaced" ok so I didnt need a full RSR system.

"Ok the car is too loud I agree but a Turbo will muffle the sound and it will be quieter" Ok ok so I am also going decatt at the same time will think of that when I get there

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of us go to far making up reasonable excuses. I could just say

"Oh no, the bloody Flux Capacitor has burnt out, I'm gonna have to buy a titanium exhaust/single turbo/RLTC/shiny battery cover/etc etc"

she wouldn't know the difference.

You guys have some problems... Find a woman that earns more money than you, and understands the fact that you are a miserable git if you dont get to modify the car the way you want it.

Mine quite happily pays for parts. She is paying for the interior of my car, seat, subframes, runners and harnesses!!

At the end of the day, what excuse to I have for ripping the car to pieces, leaving them in the passage way and lounge, then getting a big carbon fibre spoiler sent over, that is now in front of my fireplace.

G

I guess the main thing is me and Vicki both earn good money and roughly the same level (although I still earn more ;) )

What she spends on clothes and more clothes is her business. What I spend on cars is up to me.

In all we have shared amounts going in a joint account to cover bills, so no money issues.

luckily my girlfriend isnt into cars so when i upgraded to UK spec fronts on my old car i told her i only took the old ones off, painted them up and put them back on. When she said they look a bit bigger i explained that it was the effect of them being clean and painted. lol.

My girlfriend tried to get me to spend 10% of what I spend on the car, on her. I had to start hiding purchases when she got suspicous of me spending so much money on her.

But yeah I've previously used the

The brake upgrade will make the car safer

The ECU will make the car more economical

The turbo upgrade will, ah bollox to it, it'll make it go like shit of a shovel. There was a couple of days of silence involved.

Funny this thread because just today I got rumbled.

I ordered a load of parts from Envy totalling around £900 and kept quiet about it. I was waiting until the time was right to tell her before they all arrived. Anyway she found the receipt in my glove box today when I left her unattended when I went to the bank.

She went proper mental like,

"Blah, blah blah, we're getting married in Sept, do you know what that would pay for?"

then,

"When you bought this car you said you would'nt spend anything more on it but you've spent 3k already"

then,

"So whats happened to my 206 then?"

Then half an hours silence on the way home.

She's still pissed upstairs watching some drama in bed in a huff.

MUUUUAAHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAA!

CLASS!!

Gary, let me know if you need any parcels disguising from now on :D

Perhaps I should get some stickers made up with the words 'DISCOUNT', 'ECO-FRIENDLY', 'ECONOMY', 'SAFETY', etc. in big letter to stick on parcels I send over :sly:

Guest blueangel

Its all cool here, missus loves the supe but it scares her but even with a baby due to drop she cant wait to have it sat on the drive. she even decided to sell her fto and get a smaller car so we dont spend so much on fuel and we have the supe for weekends only.life really is sweet.

The Gf knows that I do what I like when it comes to cars... She found out the day I bought the Supra. I could have bought a holiday or used it toward putting a deposit on a house etc.

Seriously though, I don't smoke (she does), I don't do drugs and I don't drink very frequently, instead I spend MY well earned cash on my Car. She spends her well earned cash on clothes, hair ciggys etc and I dont complain so I don't expect any shit thrown my way. I take her on holiday once in a while and never neglect her and it's all fine!

Couldn't stand it if she moaned and tried telling me what to do with my money, just wouldn't take it, full stop. If your mum can't tell you what to do and what not to do then who else can?

Sound fair enough? :)