The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Wideboy has new paint!!!

albundy68

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, the only thing that I think would have really finished it off would be to have rear spats fitted. Otherwise cracking car

rear spats on top of the trd bumper? whaaaa?

if i did that on the current suspension height they'd dig little trenches in the road as i drove,

...which could increase drag! lol

You're starting to sound like a woman who cant make up her mind :innocent:

Purple, to flip, back to purple? :taped:

the flip was supposed to be 'a lot' darker, hence me thinkin about changing again, i nearly had an effing heart attack when i picked it up!

colours grown on me but im still having issues with the wide rear quarters moving and b-ggerin up the paint, another reason to paint again...

...buying a crusher and making every other car in the UK 3 inches thinner would probably have been cheaper! lol

hmm, honest opinion is the original purple was AWESOME, new flip-paint is O.K, if a bit chav. If I had to chose I'd chose the original purple.

But well done to you! When I get my supe it will be resprayed, and I think i know what colour I want.. just not sure on prices to get it done...

rear spats on top of the trd bumper? whaaaa?

if i did that on the current suspension height they'd dig little trenches in the road as i drove,

...which could increase drag! lol

Silly me, didnt read all of the post, the colours bedazzled me..honest!! Or I was having a senior moment, which in my current state is allowed.:innocent:

hmm, honest opinion is the original purple was AWESOME, new flip-paint is O.K, if a bit chav. If I had to chose I'd chose the original purple.

But well done to you! When I get my supe it will be resprayed, and I think i know what colour I want.. just not sure on prices to get it done...

[ANGRY][/ANGRY] chav????

:p nah, fair comment, the idea was to emphasize the kit with the flip, it was supposed to come out that nice TVR flip chamelion colour, which would have looked nice IMHO.

Still like the paint, it's very red sky at night through to sky blue, but it's not what i was after.

Wouldnt reccomend midnight purple 1 to anyone though, it's far far far too dull, and makes the car look dirty, even within 5 minutes of 6 hours washin n waxin!

I dont think the Purple looked all that, it just didnt shine enough in the pics for me.. but then again it probably looked totally different in the flesh.

You were black yes, but not in widebody form? :D

totally true, the midnight purple was as dull as a wet sunday with sunglasses on!

if i did black in wideboy form andy dunk shaw would never talk to me again! lol