The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Wideboy has new paint!!!

albundy68

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of flip paint..

It looks like a GOOD job but I prefered the midnight purple..

To me the flip colours look like your trying too hard to get attention and most cars with silly loud paint are normally (all show no go)

The purple just looked like you meant business ;)

Anyway, as long as you like it, who am I to judge .. ENJOY :)

yep, I like it, wouldn't have it done, but still like it........answer on the cost please?;)

300 a litre on the paint, so about 800 more than your average resprey, it needs a special primer as well.

in all honesty, im not sure on this colour, but the old colour understated the wide kit too much, the car looks much more impressive now.

and if any car can pull off a loud paint job its a trd supe!

I love it - awesome

I'd love a mental flip paint beast like that, but couldn't cope with the thought of stone chips messing it up!

i had that worry, but flip paint is better in many ways when it comes to chips and scratches, because it has a dark primer so they dont show as much.

and you dont have to match the paint on pannels either so if you need to re-do a pannel, you only need to paint that bit, no need to blend.

its still expensive tho...

your new sup colour is awesome!! DONT CHANGE IT!! but go for some mad chrome deep dish alloys...It sure stands out, the colour is the 1st thing that anyone notice from far away..Dark colours tend to "hide" supercars..and they definately not getting the presence on the road they deserve..

I think it looks great - flip is good. How many colours do you have in it? I have 7 and it means the car ranges from dark purple, to bronze-gold, to petrol blue, to mid metallic blue. . . every hour, especially in the sun it changes. The colour really suits the wide body and the wheels trim it off to perfection. You win my vote :D

your new sup colour is awesome!! DONT CHANGE IT!! but go for some mad chrome deep dish alloys...It sure stands out, the colour is the 1st thing that anyone notice from far away..Dark colours tend to "hide" supercars..and they definately not getting the presence on the road they deserve..

??? the wheels are chrome, (well lazer polished which is closest work do), and you wont find a deeper dished rim in england i wouldnt have thought.

...maybe the pics dont do em justice.

totally agree on the light colours for supercars thing tho, and cheers for the positive comments,