The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Speed Challenge IV 21st March 2004

Nick

So unless said otherwise can we agree on meeting in Bury St Edmunds Tescos between 7:00-7:30am which should be a big enough window to meet with the on coming convoy.

Bobbeh,

Your mate from Mildenhall will know it as its the only civlisation around here, and you'll have to drive past it to go to Ipswich.

+ youve got my mobile.

Tescos is right on route too.

Everyone happy with that?

:) ;) :cool:

Regards

Stephen V

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by supra TT myster

Justin

Fancy meeting up to drive down as i will be comming from near you, spalding?

Did you sort your odo out then in the end?

Can hook up somewhere mate no probs but what ODO problem? Are you mixing me up with someone else?

I'll be going from Huntingdon area to A14 towards Ipswich

Justin,

Yup, thats the one:)

If your coming from the West its the 2nd Bury Turning / could be called the 'Central' turning. (the first turning is 'West' (and/or 'Westley')

When youve taken the slip road off the central exit you'll go down to a large round-about with some traffic lights the other side of it (which you cant see). Just keep going around the round-about and you'll see tescos (between 3rd & 4th Exit).

See you there

Stephen V

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

160+ MPH in the car and then get a side wind blowing :eek:

Thats why Supras have Wiiiiiiiiings ;)

That looks like a much better outlook than what I've previously seen. Its sunny at least! I just want a dry track.

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

Will this still take place if the winds are so strong ?

http://www.meto.gov.uk/lib/includes/fsssi/city/ipswich.html

160+ MPH in the car and then get a side wind blowing :eek:

The wind speed is dropping for Sunday but, it's still there...

Let's hope if drops a lot!

Peter,

I went to Elvington October 2002 and it was blowing a proper gale. Trees were down on my way up but ........ Supes were fine and there was even a nutter on a Hybusa bike who ran in the gales and when he hit the open bit of runway the wind took him and he was driving diagonally to the horizon in a straight line as if he were goin round a sharp bend! He kept goin though and didn't crash. I reckon Sunday will be fine for us wind wise.

Make sure all your undertrays and targa tops are locked down boys and girls :D

Just got in. Gave up waiting for winds to die down to run for top speed. Self-inflicted i know, but i got in at 3am this morning and then got up at 5:30am to meet convoys... er.. kinda missed those. But made it to Tescos near Woodbridge in time to see some nice cars.

After forgetting to turn off the top quality Toyota Traction Control and being restricted to 3000 RPM on my first run! nice... i managed a low 13 later on.

Here are some photos... i'm off to catch up on sleep!

Rav, nice car I did wonder who owned the bronze TT!

Nice meeting everyone that I did today! some good sideways action from scooter on the way out!lol! btw scooter did you see us in the petrol station? we then went into the little chef which was entertaining! great service there!

Geezer your car looks awesome!, Roy, I hope you and Jason found your way home! And Scott P nice wheels!

I'll post some vids and pics when I can!

Ps everyone post up your times!

Tom.

Originally posted by TDRAPER

Nice meeting everyone that I did today! some good sideways action from scooter on the way out!lol! btw scooter did you see us in the petrol station? we then went into the little chef which was entertaining! great service there!

see you don't need turbo's to go sideways!:)

i lost you boys at a set of lights, looks like i had tunnel vision after that cause no i didn't see you! I put the hammer down for a few miles, but i gave up the (futile as it turned out:D ) chase pretty quickly. Just as well really as everywhere i went on the way back seemed to be swarming with the boy's in blue...........

Yep all first gear, it was a little bit of a shock to then see the coppers but they seemed quite relaxed for a change.....

Btw big thanks to Monkeymark for the cheap Uk brakes, i wasn't expecting the free spiders but it was a nice touch:D