The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Speed Challenge IV 21st March 2004

Nick

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Richie

Cheers for sorting out my log in problem Branners. If anyone has any questions about the event all my details are up on the link or you can pm me. Can someone please let Christian Doran and Brian Jackett know about the event if they are still around on this bb

Cheers Richie

Ok all is looking good now. The event will take place on Sunday the 21st of March @ RAF Woodbridge. A convoy will leave Copdock Tescos Ipswich @ 0830hrs and a drivers brief will take place @ 0930hrs @ Woodbridge. All runners will need to attend this drivers brief at this time.

There wil be a few changes ths year in the shape of crowd control barriers for spectators and a mobile burger van (no more long ques).

Wait for it......... I can now run a dual drag strip with christmas tree lights waahoo!! I will be very busy from now up until the event so I would appreciate some urgency sending in cheques. All cheques wil need to be with me by Feb 28th so that I have time to arrange appropriate insurance.

I already have tickets made for the event and I will send these out to everyone along with a drivers reg's declaration form. This will speed up the booking in on the day as all you will have to do is hand your ticket in. Please keep an eye on this thread for any further changes. Jap Mag coverage and DVD will be available. Simon in his NDVII and Project "X" will be in attendance all being well.

Costs: - £30 for runners and £10 to Spectate.

Send cheques made payable to: -

Richard Beaumont

2 Chisnall Close

Hadleigh

Ipswich

SUffolk

IP76GB

Tel:- 01473828377 or 07966396059

Maybe Steve W will actually run this year!

LOOK Banana-BOY ! !

I'm just extremely 'cautious' (READ: SCARED ! !) and wanted to

watch the experts 'at it' that time...

then, when I DO have a go at Elvington..... POOOFBANGCHUFFF ! !

BUT, I'll be there AND RUN this time if at all possible, don't worry ! !

FasTFatS:sly:

Originally posted by Steve W

then, when I DO have a go at Elvington..... POOOFBANGCHUFFF ! !

You're not supposed to go banging poofs up the chuff! - That's your problem. :D

Awaiting slapped wrists and editing from the mods now :innocent:

Smallprint and disclaimer... Sorry if my reply has offended anyone, but Steve's post was too good to miss!

Hey Steve, fancy comparing spark plugs (and engines and turbos) this year :cry::cry::cry::cry:

On second thoughts, I may take a rain chack this time :(

BTW there is LOADS of stopping distance, someone told me they slammed on and only just made it, so I hit the brakes hard and slowed down to about 60 then spent an eternety waiting for the end of the runway to show up :blink: I only managed 150MPH mind.

They have a wall of pine trees at the end of the runway to help those of us with J-Spec brakes :D

Best thing is going past the ambulance at 160mph :flame Dev

Be advised whatever you speedo says when you hit the trap take about 10 mph off it so that you're not disappointed when you collect your time ticket.

Can't wait.

J.

:flame Dev