Top Posters In This Topic

btw my bpu cost about

De-cat = £250

FCD = £80

Plugs = £30 say

Walbro = £80

= £440 (a bargain for the perfomance)

Already had a cat back, let's say that is £500

so even then it's under 1k in total for new parts.

Many cars on the second hand market have one or more of these standard default mods done anyway :)

they can do, if you get the right one, but some simple basic mods will make it a dead cert, rather than a theoretical maximum than can only be reached with 'perfect' conditions.

tbh if you are into your cars and modding (sounds like you are with the cossie) then the supra is an excellent platform, it has tuning and performance capabiliy well beyond what most keen drivers could ever wish for, it's up to you how far you take it really.

Guest jazraymcbeath

So a stage 1 for a supra is plugs ,remove cats, fuel cut defender and a restictor ring to cut down on boost spikes. Could i not use my apexi boost controller for boost controll. What sort of power will this achive.

What sort of figures dose a tt achive or a slightly tunned one. Can they be chucked about an ind est with progresive oversteer. Or are they a more gt car for long runs.

:D and theres me driving around like WSB2 on Mogadon....

Hello and welcome O hibernian one:)

Guest jazraymcbeath

All sounds god to be. Could you break down dis/advantages of manual/auto jap/uk 5/6 speed supras i was only looking to spend about 7k but really do fancy a 6speed but what is a realistic price for a good 6speed. Or is a 5 speed as good.

All sounds god to be. Could you break down dis/advantages of manual/auto jap/uk 5/6 speed supras i was only looking to spend about 7k but really do fancy a 6speed but what is a realistic price for a good 6speed. Or is a 5 speed as good.

i think you sould read the FAQ and the supra buying guide, a hint is "the serch button at the top"

Mate, your asking us to open up a whole can of worms here with the J-Spec/UK Spec, 6 spd/5spd etc thing........Im sure there are some begginer FAQ's sticky'd round here somewhere....

But your be pushing your luck finding a TT for 7k, you might get a few about but they might be slightly rough around the edges, but yourself being a mechanic might not be worried about that.......

But basically in a nut shell, the 5spd is the NA version, you wont want that. The UK spec has bigger turbos, bigger injectors, better fuel pump, bigger breaks, however the J-Spec turbos are lighter (spool quicker), car can be generally lighter due to less sound proofing, less body roll. Dont dismiss the auto, great boxes, infact dont tar them with the same brush from any other auto, Im a stick man myself, but even I like the auto's.

But what spec you want really depends what you want to do with it in the long run............how far you wanna take things. But good luck...... ;)

yes, there are a few minor (but worth knowing about) differences between the j-spec (jdm) and uk spec (export spec) that you can find out all about by searching on here (as it's a topic much discussed).

Yeah theres a whole forum of info for you to read about :)

If they do 180mph stock and 60 in under 5 sec and does over 20 mpg that will do me perfect.
In my 98 TT Supra I've seen 172mph on my GPS (Speedo was quite a lot higher) and it was still pulling but slowly. It was also recorded at 4.993 second 0-60mph by J-Tuner magazine.

That's completely stock apart from the front cat being removed. (cos it broke)

During some 150mph driving in Holland I was only getting 7mpg between fill-ups though

Guest Flat4_ire
Hello m8. The supra engine and g/box standard are probably good for 4/500bhp with limited mods?. But more importantly are reliable if well looked after. EG, my JSpec tt was std, now chucking 410 @1bar with spending 1.8k, but thats with all the bits ready for a single when needed?, but for now

410 is more than ok?, can also turn boost up to 1.2 if needed, giving more bhp if required. These babies are bomb proof if looked after, oil and stuff regulary. Cossies look ok, but compared to the soop, well???

huh dude?? the standard auto box yeah can handle 500bhp safely etc etc but the 6speed getrag box in standard form has been known to hold 1000bp+, amazing box! between a cossie and a supra, no comparison!! in performance,reliabilty,and of course looks! ;)

I was only getting 7mpg between fill-ups though

Man, thats shocking aint it, I swear when playing on the motorway with a car, on/off boost heavily and then gunning it with high speed runs, I can see my petrol gauge sinking slowly..............

Although due to running with a odd alloy atm, I have crawled into London off boost at no more then 70mph, literally drove on the torque of the engine, and where as I would normally use 2 tank's for 4 runs in and 4 runs home, Im gonna have half a tank left over from 1 tank. But I am driving it stupidly slow, like your mother would drive it. I didnt even catch the red Supra in front of me today on the M3 that was sat there crawling along at 75mph...... :(

Guest Flat4_ire
Man, thats shocking aint it, I swear when playing on the motorway with a car, on/off boost heavily and then gunning it with high speed runs, I can see my petrol gauge sinking slowly..............

Although due to running with a odd alloy atm, I have crawled into London off boost at no more then 70mph, literally drove on the torque of the engine, and where as I would normally use 2 tank's for 2 runs in and 2 runs home, Im gonna have half a tank left over from 1 tank. But I am driving it stupidly slow, like your mother would drive it. I didnt even catch the red Supra in front of me today on the M3 that was sat there crawling along at 75mph...... :(

i drove flat out from harlow in essex to fishguard port which is like 300 miles plus and i still had a nice bit left in the tank

i drove flat out from harlow in essex to fishguard port which is like 300 miles plus and i still had a nice bit left in the tank

That was obviously flat out for girl then, cause I never get more then 250 (tops) out of any tank I put in............... :p

Dont start flaming me either ;) ...........:innocent:

Guest Flat4_ire
That was obviously flat out for girl then, cause I never get more then 250 (tops) out of any tank I put in............... :p

Dont start flaming me either ;) ...........:innocent:

im being dead serious dude, i went from harlow to the port which is something 295miles roughly? and i was doing 100mph plus for most of that cos a lot of it is motorway and big road driving! you do know when u are doing short start/stop trips it will drink the fuel a hell of a lot more!!

im being dead serious dude, i went from harlow to the port which is something 295miles roughly? and i was doing 100mph plus for most of that cos a lot of it is motorway and big road driving! you do know when u are doing short start/stop trips it will drink the fuel a hell of a lot more!!

Were you being towed ?

Assuming you wernt on fumes, thats 23 mpg...Ill have to start commuting at 100mph, trouble is Ill get to work 10 minutes before I leave the house