The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lucifer and MKIV Store

Guest sunnyG83

Guest mk47

i know ive been bigging martin up alot but i have got to let u all know..

well when i arrived in bristol there was trouble getting the exhaust to fit on my car, to the point that some of the bolts on my manifold sheered. martin had given me a price of £50 for fitting - but obviously none of us expected it to be such a b*stard...

so anyway the manifold bolts sheered and martin was running around and went and got another one - replaced the bolts and had it all back in place. had to take apart quite a bit in the engine bay to get to it.. and by the time it was finished - it was a good 5 hours! and to say he only charged me £50 for fitting - kept to his word. really honest guy and guess what? im pretty sure any other trader would have wanted £ for all the hard work, but he still ended the day with a big smile :D :respekt:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However I am pursuing another incident right now, where it seems I paid £400 for something that I never got, thing is this was over a year ago now, cant believe I havent realised till now,

QUOTE]

Thats cos you are so rich! :D

Please can you clarify that this is NOT from us as we were not even trading a year ago!

Yep, sorry my reference to me paying £400 for something I have not received has nothing to do with this trader, and I will not name names, I have been there and done that before. My point was purely that once again I find myself being ripped off, and so far the trader is expressing how they deal with too much to remember what was said, depsite money being handed over their invoices doesnt seem to reflect this or show what Im saying.......funny that............. ;)

Darren - I wish ;) ;)

Just to add ... my dealing with Martin have been wholey wholsome, Hovis grade I would say :D

No Seriously, very fair trader and has been helpful with my RLTC problem and found buying things a pleasure and trouble free.

Well earned praise indeed, and what's more I'm happy with the price / service and He's happy with making enough money to run his buisness.

Group hug.

Shaun.

The man is a king of customer service and knowledge, he went with me to view my car, then picked it up for me did any work that needed doing on it then had it valeted and ready for me to pick up 2 weeks later, Melissa even picked me up from Bristol train station! i had never met him before that. It is customer service like this that makes you rich in this world as people will return again and again, it is the single most lacking thing in the high street for instance. Have just ordered Greddy titanium from him and will be getting my car serviced every year there and i live 80-90 miles from him

word up!!:thumbs:

Just to add to the positive comments I ordered a Fluidyne radiator from Martin at the weekend, it arried on Tuesday - not really much more you can ask for than that and the first trader I've used to get my order to me on time. Thanks again!

Only just noticed this thread myself, I've used mkivstore for most of the parts I've bought for my car (only had it a couple of months) and I will return again and again if the customer service stays as good as it has been. A real credit to the Supra community :D

Glad we are keeping everyone happy!

NOT EVERYONE !

I'm really pleased that some of you have had a good experience when dealing with Martin. Particularly sunnyG83 - you seem to have a lot to be happy about. My own particular experience was not all good, The communication from Martin throughout the transaction was appalling, and at times downright misleading.

I bought a 2nd hand oil cooler/filter relocation kit from Martin at the start of April for what seemed like a fantastic price, this was Martin's own personal kit and was coming off his own car but sold through the store mechanism. Time passed and frequently I was informed that the kit would be sent the following day and was boxed up etc. etc.

After a good three weeks it still hadn't been shipped and Martin "generously" refunded half the cost of the item, apologising for the delays and I was happy again thinking that was a "noble gesture" taking it on the chin for the delays due to the item not being shipped.

After a month of waiting for the item, constantly having to press Martin for feedback he eventually cancelled the order without explanation beyond - he'd been let down too. He offered the same as sunnyG83: a full refund plus interest for the time he'd had the money. I was obviously upset, but could understand that sometimes orders can't be fulfilled, and the offer of the interest should offset some of the interest I'd incurred through using my credit card.

However at the moment it would seem that although Martin has refunded the remainder of the cost, there is no sign of any interest - If you had no intention of giving me any why bother to mention it.

I'm sorry to say that my confidence in him is now none existant. For future reference Martin: I can cope with delays, providing the communication is there. Also if you say something is going to be shipped on a particular day. either ship it or let the customer know it hasn't gone. And most importantly if you have no intention of doing something don't say so.

I'm sorry to have to post this, but there is a danger that this thread will give the impression that Martin is perfect, and imho he's far from it. I hope that should we have dealings in the future that the experience for both of us will be considerably better.

If anyone is interested, the thread is here - decide for yourselves.

Mike

Just to add my tuppence worth to this

I had some dealings with martin with regard to some interior panels.

First off I sent pm to him re the parts and the reply was almost immediate.

Martin set up the purchase through the online store and I paid my dues

This was at night on the weekend.

I was really impressed with the efficiency and willingness to help and was very pleased with myself

Delivery became a problem.......its being boxed upath the moment, its being posted tomorrow.......the no replys at all

3 weeks later the panels arrived, and had been posted only 2 days prior.

I gave Martin the benefit of the doubt and said nothing.

I also sent martin some pm's re an intercooler and other bits to which I got a prompt reply re pricing and delivery.

A day or two later Martin put up a post saying his costs had to go up. Thats fair enough I thought, his prices were nearly too good to be true for ages.

So I sent another pm to confirm current price......no reply

More pms no reply............

So I bought from Dusty

This is just my experience, and would be perfectly willing to purchase from martin in the future, given the positive feedback I have been reading and I am putting the above down to ...................life.

We can all be guilty of inefficiency from time to time

John

I have nothing to hide with the below comments, every word is True. However It was at a time when I was very busy and I was let down by someone else in the chain.

I have refunded the FULL amount PLus interest for the time I held the money. Any other traders do that for anyone? I think not. :p

NOT EVERYONE !

I'm really pleased that some of you have had a good experience when dealing with Martin. Particularly sunnyG83 - you seem to have a lot to be happy about. My own particular experience was not all good, The communication from Martin throughout the transaction was appalling, and at times downright misleading.

I bought a 2nd hand oil cooler/filter relocation kit from Martin at the start of April for what seemed like a fantastic price, this was Martin's own personal kit and was coming off his own car but sold through the store mechanism. Time passed and frequently I was informed that the kit would be sent the following day and was boxed up etc. etc.

After a good three weeks it still hadn't been shipped and Martin "generously" refunded half the cost of the item, apologising for the delays and I was happy again thinking that was a "noble gesture" taking it on the chin for the delays due to the item not being shipped.

After a month of waiting for the item, constantly having to press Martin for feedback he eventually cancelled the order without explanation beyond - he'd been let down too. He offered the same as sunnyG83: a full refund plus interest for the time he'd had the money. I was obviously upset, but could understand that sometimes orders can't be fulfilled, and the offer of the interest should offset some of the interest I'd incurred through using my credit card.

However at the moment it would seem that although Martin has refunded the remainder of the cost, there is no sign of any interest - If you had no intention of giving me any why bother to mention it.

I'm sorry to say that my confidence in him is now none existant. For future reference Martin: I can cope with delays, providing the communication is there. Also if you say something is going to be shipped on a particular day. either ship it or let the customer know it hasn't gone. And most importantly if you have no intention of doing something don't say so.

I'm sorry to have to post this, but there is a danger that this thread will give the impression that Martin is perfect, and imho he's far from it. I hope that should we have dealings in the future that the experience for both of us will be considerably better.

If anyone is interested, the thread is here - decide for yourselves.

Mike

YOU ARE GREAT MARTIN !

No discussion about that.

To have a business in never easy and nobody can't say he's perfect, but if you do you BEST, nobody can't say anything about you and the company.

You have made a good job with the groupbuy to Germany and also you have spent a lot of time to search a company that insure is amount.

Every time again.... Martin.

Cheers

Peter

YOU ARE GREAT MARTIN !

No discussion about that.

To have a business in never easy and nobody can't say he's perfect, but if you do you BEST, nobody can't say anything about you and the company.

You have made a good job with the groupbuy to Germany and also you have spent a lot of time to search a company that insure is amount.

Every time again.... Martin.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter, I assume teh other Digi Adjuster never turned up?

Doing another group buy right now, not at the same prices though if you are interested, but we can do a deal just for you ;)

I have nothing to hide with the below comments, every word is True. However It was at a time when I was very busy and I was let down by someone else in the chain.

I have refunded the FULL amount PLus interest for the time I held the money. Any other traders do that for anyone? I think not. :p

Martin - it takes a big man to admit he's made a mistake...

Having been away for a week I guess I'm more than a little jealous at seeing all the success stories given that I was really looking forward to getting the kit, and at present my shiny new Defi oil temp sensor still hasn't been fitted.

I'm satisfied that I was unlucky, and that my situation was the exception rather than the rule. As such I wish you every success, I also hope that you continue to satisfy your customers as you seem to be doing, and that with better luck we will be able to do business in the future. :hug:

no more said :taped:

Mike

NO!

I think there is alot more to be said actually!! I did let you down yes, and I obviously underestimated the time that had passed. I still need to send you a cheque for the interest acrewed, instead of that I will send you the entire oil cooler setup Free of charge, including take-off plate and remote assembly. Now there's customer service for you!

I have your address on file sir.

Martin - it takes a big man to admit he's made a mistake...

Having been away for a week I guess I'm more than a little jealous at seeing all the success stories given that I was really looking forward to getting the kit, and at present my shiny new Defi oil temp sensor still hasn't been fitted.

I'm satisfied that I was unlucky, and that my situation was the exception rather than the rule. As such I wish you every success, I also hope that you continue to satisfy your customers as you seem to be doing, and that with better luck we will be able to do business in the future. :hug:

no more said :taped:

Mike