The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ro's Single Turbo Build...

Gaz Walker

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good lads, will be up in a bit even though i think my name's dirt right now after all that hard work :D

Monkey - the lexan cover isn't staying clear, will be getting sprayed Midnight Blue as will the fan shroud :thumbs:

hi is the catch can breathing system ott for the amount of of oil that comes out? bet it wont have been cheap to make them connectors are very expensive.

with the clear cover you spraying it all,you could have had a stock one and sprayed that.

like the throttle body and the turbo pipework into turbo look huge.cold air feed down where stock intercooler goes.

looking good

how longs it all taken

hi is the catch can breathing system ott for the amount of of oil that comes out? bet it wont have been cheap to make them connectors are very expensive.

with the clear cover you spraying it all,you could have had a stock one and sprayed that.

like the throttle body and the turbo pipework into turbo look huge.cold air feed down where stock intercooler goes.

looking good

how longs it all taken

The main reason is to stop the FMS blowing. Weren't cheap no but we thought prevention was better than cure. The front part of the cover is remaining clear so that the chrome cam gears can be seen, the top part is being sprayed midnight blue. All the work there has been done in about 2-3 days, they've got on well with it. Should hopefully be at Thor next week :)

The main reason is to stop the FMS blowing. Weren't cheap no but we thought prevention was better than cure. The front part of the cover is remaining clear so that the chrome cam gears can be seen, the top part is being sprayed midnight blue. All the work there has been done in about 2-3 days, they've got on well with it. Should hopefully be at Thor next week :)
nice one keep us posted

Looking good lads, will be up in a bit even though i think my name's dirt right now after all that hard work :D

Monkey - the lexan cover isn't staying clear, will be getting sprayed Midnight Blue as will the fan shroud :thumbs:

Just make sure you spray the inside, you will get a much better finish. Loking really sweet BTW

You'd be surprised Mark... I managed to fill the Greddy catch tank I used to have on the car.;)

The main reason for the breather system is to stop front main seal failure. I am on to my third seal now and its a real PIA to keep changing it out. I would suggest everyone who is putting out decent power use one.

Any progress with your single over the winter?

Kevin