The mkiv Supra Owners Club

every performance manufacturer is making these

lockys96

I apreciate that but have yet to hear of any instance whereby the law have stopped anyone to check whether they have a cat convertor fitted.

but have they done roadside emission tests?

CJ, they have been doing road side tests I have heard, but I believe its a conned off area where they are primarily checking vans, lorrys, goods vechicles etc, to make sure everything is road worthy, there was a thread somewhere I'll try and find it.....

I know they use a van with cameras sticking out the back and its checking things as you drive up to their area, I think if you get flagged by the camera then they pull you in. I have also heard of reports when they are bored they might pull the odd motorist as well...... :blink:

EDITED: IT'll be a lot easier to read Pets thread here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=64377

can you find more info on how it fits, i havent looked under the car, its for the supra, and looks like it could bolt straight in?

but isnt the old cat atttached to a long section of pipe/or not.

could be a group buy on the sard/weds or apex, but i think the apex is more expensive

iirc you dont need to have a cat to abide by the law.... however if youre car is registerd as having a cat then it needs do pass a "cat" emisions test during mot, basicaly a tougher emmisions test. if you have no cat and you pass this youre perfectly legal.

I believe the sports cat has taken off in japan due to the drift and race rules. Im sure I read that if the car originally came with a cat then it must have one to compete, no matter how many mods it has had done.

I have heard of people saying that roadside checks happen but have never heard of anybody actually being stopped.

JB

• 2 months later...

I'd be very interested in something like these. My cars a 96 TT so needs a cat for the MOT. I'll need more info on them though before I part with hard earned wedge, such as, will fitting these cause overboost problems due to my puny jspec wastegates?, will I still need a restrictor ring? will the step up in power not be great enough to justify spending money on them?

Id be kinda interested in one of these, but as my car will soon to have a single on it it will have to be a high flow 2nd cat. As the 1st cat will be replaced with a downpipe from the single turbo, what are the chances of getting hold of a 2nd high flow cat? :blink: