The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulled Over Doing 145mph!!!!!!

squiffy

I've received a few lengthy lectures after being pulled over (without any evidence other than what they saw). The best thing is do is to keep your mouth shut and take it on the chin until they leave you to go about your business. Don't incriminate yourself and don't act like a smart ar*e.

Most coppers are just doing their job, but in every walk of life there's always the odd self righteous twat. A lot depends on your attitude when you're pulled over IMO.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...The best thing is do is to keep your mouth shut and take it on the chin until they leave you to go about your business. Don't incriminate yourself and don't act like a smart ar*e....

I couldn't agree more.

The first line of defence is to calm things down and try not to stand out or get a ticket in the first place.

Otherwise you risk making someone remember you and making it the aim of his whole career to nail you down.

The less personal the better.

The ideal speeder is the one who is invisible, blends with the environment, doesn't stand out in any way. You'd be surprised how well this works.

The ideal speeder is the one who is invisible, blends with the environment, doesn't stand out in any way. You'd be surprised how well this works.

Yep, that's why I had my car painted yellow.... ............. - Doh!

I totally agree with Nick above. Keep polite, don't answer back, and don't speak unless you're spoken to. Certainly don't be mouthy, and don't try to justify any stupid driving they may have seen you doing.

I think that these references to 'leptons' really tell a lot about someone's attitude.

What next, scared of our own shadow attacking us?

Ok, just for you, I reached 140mph, just using terms that are commonly used.....everyone knows what you mean when saying leptons, I dont do it for the fact of maybe being prosecuted, trust me, otherwise the history on this board would have me up for a lot worse..........

I've received a few lengthy lectures after being pulled over (without any evidence other than what they saw). The best thing is do is to keep your mouth shut and take it on the chin until they leave you to go about your business. Don't incriminate yourself and don't act like a smart ar*e.

Most coppers are just doing their job, but in every walk of life there's always the odd self righteous twat. A lot depends on your attitude when you're pulled over IMO.

Spot on, i think this is probably why i haven't got any points. If you get a twat though you're screwed, only gonna make things worse if you give them lip.

I totally agree with Nick above. Keep polite, don't answer back, and don't speak unless you're spoken to. Certainly don't be mouthy, and don't try to justify any stupid driving they may have seen you doing.

Yeah, bend over and take it up the ass, give in to their power trip. ;)

Yeah, bend over and take it up the ass, give in to their power trip. ;)

don't laugh, it works.

We're not talking proposing oral sex, but humility certainly helps your case.

If you can't fake it, then just keeping your mouth *shut* is a very good strategy. Everything you say can be used against you, either literally (through their notes) or as they are making their minds up in the very first seconds of the encounter.

Shouldn't this be in the members section??

145 is too high true, but do all the people saying it's reckless really think 70/80 is safe?? If you were to have a blow out at that speed you and everyone around would be in a spot of trouble. Maybe if we are all to be safe we should limit our cars and not drive at anything over 50??

IMO the difference is the law. If you hit someone/something at 70 (in a 70 zone) then at least you know you were inside the law, if you were doing more than that then you would always have that "what if" doubt.

If you don't, you'll get it up the ass anyway!

So, how did the conversation go when you were pulled?

Cop - Do you know how fast you were travelling son?

Bob - Yeah mate, 140+, but you couldn't keep up ha-ha! :D :p

it went: copper - "do you know why i have stopped you?"

me - "eeeerrrr" (thinkin is there any point in him asking?)

copper - " please dont tell me you dont know" (laughing)

me - "may have been going a little fast!"

copper - "triple figures, well into it, lecture.....lecture.......lecture...more lecture......

me - "ok so what do i get then?"

copper - "cant give you anything but a caution"

me - very very very relieved, big smile, laughed (didnt mean to couldnt help it)

both on our way

don't laugh, it works.

We're not talking proposing oral sex, but humility certainly helps your case.

If you can't fake it, then just keeping your mouth *shut* is a very good strategy. Everything you say can be used against you, either literally (through their notes) or as they are making their minds up in the very first seconds of the encounter.

Exactly, if they've just pulled you over after tearing past them at christ knows what speed then how you act in the first few seconds speaks volumes for what kind of a driver you are. Obviously they know you've a disregard for the speed limit, but do you come across as someone mature, calm and collected. Or, a cocky boy racer that thinks he's a super star behind the wheel? If I was a copper I'd be more lenient towards someone that knows he's in the wrong and accepts he's been caught, than someone that thinks he owns the road.

I nearly messed up once. After a lengthy lecture he was taking my details and asked the size of the engine so I automatically said "3 litre". He pauses, looks at his mate, looks at the car, and then looks at me. "It's also got two turbos" I add. "That'll be why" he mutters as he carries on scribbling... Wasn't easy keeping a straight face :)

our storeman at work and his mate where doing over 150 mph on there bikes when they slowed down a lone copper caught them up went to court and they got done for speed in eccess of 100mph as he had no equipment running in the car,and could not get the real speed it was just his word saying that at 100mph he still was not gaining on them, it was enough to nick them

28 day ban each

be careful out there

My mate's a cop and says he regularly lets people off if they're nice and admit what they did, don't try and give lame excuses etc. As soon as one comes up with some lip he keeps them there as long as possible and gives them as much hassle as he can.

I've also taken him in my car at 120 as well!! :innocent:

Look, just picture yourself in the cop's position.

He's seen a lot of plonkers, heard all the excuses you can imagine.

He tries to pretend that he does a public service (sometimes it is, but normally it's a drag)

He's really bored with morons putting themselves at risk, along with everyone else around them.

He wants to be seen as a figure of authority, that's the peak of his social influence most probably.

If you deprive him of the uniform's "awe" factor, then he's just a bloke going up and down the roads every day, like those who used to pick up dead animals from the tarmac.

Just give him his 15mins of fame and get on with it.

See it as a social service.

True, when I was stopped in the US, the copper asked why I was 'nervous', which I was. I replied that it wasn't every day that I got stopped by the police, which he took as some kind of compliment. I would kiss ass all day long if it meant I would be let off, and I was.

Look, just picture yourself in the cop's position.

He's seen a lot of plonkers, heard all the excuses you can imagine.

He tries to pretend that he does a public service (sometimes it is, but normally it's a drag)

He's really bored with morons putting themselves at risk, along with everyone else around them.

He wants to be seen as a figure of authority, that's the peak of his social influence most probably.

If you deprive him of the uniform's "awe" factor, then he's just a bloke going up and down the roads every day, like those who used to pick up dead animals from the tarmac.

Just give him his 15mins of fame and get on with it.

See it as a social service.

As usual John when you get started, you talk utter shite out of your arse!

:D

You have far more knowledge when you post about tech articles. Your knowledge is a worthy asset. But this is just utter drivel.