The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my baby's

brian73united

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Link in the thread that CJ has linked to.

Going on the ebay auction, I would of expected them to fit all of the cars that he has mentioned, and then a few others that must be checked.

I would be royally pissed off if I had paid that much for something that was known not to fit, but does have the right PCD.

I would be royally pissed off if I had paid that much for something that was known not to fit, but does have the right PCD.

Same here. So pissed off I would definitely contact the CC company had I paid it that way. I stand by what I said earlier. I think the guy has been conned and ripped off. :thumbdown:

CJ-I might have been online but I don't sit in front of the comp all the time.

I bought these and never drove in them because I was waiting to get arch work done.

I needed the money as other modifications ended up costing more than planned hence the sale. Is that a big deal?

When you bought them I decided that it would have been a waste not to have even tired to see what they look like on my car.

If I was trying to bump you would I have even bothered posting anything at all in the 1st place.

I was very happy to answer any questions people wanted to know.

Someone even asked for sizes and what did I do give him sizes!

I had over 50 question on these. People asking will these fit on my gtr, rx7 etc etc

I would tell them no and you need wide arches.

I never told anyone -yeah they will fit a treat-

( I had asked people when I was buying them myself and I was told wide arches and that was what I was planning to do)

Bloody hell If I wanted to con someone I would have just said " I man they fit anything even your bike( fuking pedal bike at that)"

Obviously I mean proper wide arches, the veilside one's are little add on's that I fitted ages ago.

And where do you suggest these "proper" wide arches can be purchased? The truth is, they cannot be. The only way these will fit is if you had arches maunfactured especially for you - and even then I am not sure the wheels would suit due to the offset.

You knew this as it was pointed out in the previous thread when these wheels were discussed. I am sorry mate, but what I see here is a case of you had bought them and found they were useless so you outed them to another unsuspecting buyer.

So you are saying I should go back to the guy I bought them from and tell him how it is?

People said they wont fit so that mean I can 't sell them on?

People say they wont fit but there are people that would try fit them anyway ( me for example)

The fronts are wide and I agree with that but If I had kepted them and couldn't get the front one's on I'am sure I could get another 2 wheels with a higher offset and sell the old one's to a drifter or whatever.

So you are saying I should go back to the guy I bought them from and tell him how it is?

People said they wont fit so that mean I can 't sell them on?

People say they wont fit but there are people that would try fit them anyway ( me for example)

The fronts are wide and I agree with that but If I had kepted them and couldn't get the front one's on I'am sure I could get another 2 wheels with a higher offset and sell the old one's to a drifter or whatever.

at the end of the day you sold them wheels to brian knowing they would not fit a standard supra or any other widebody kit....false advertising

I didn't know what car they where going on until he posted here.

They where sold on Ebay. Not on this site. So I didn't know what they where going onto. I had callers with custom drag cars asking about these.

I had people in the states and europe asking.

The people that think I was trying a scam here well your wrong, but if you don't wana beleive me then I'am sorry that you feel this way.

I can only agree with everyone else on this. I feel for you Brian as it would appear you have been well and truely stitched up like a kipper. :(

Those wheels look absolutely AWFUL on your Avatar Supratoy and show that they are nowhere near right on the Supe body. :no:

Do The right and honest thing and take them back and re-advertise them on ebay stating not suitable for mkiv supras. :clown:

I would tell them no and you need wide arches.

I never told anyone -yeah they will fit a treat-

If this is true and at the price Brian paid, if i'd have done some research. Ten minutes searching here would show that only Supragal's and Dale's ? old uk wide bodied type kitted cars had 10" fronts and 12" rears.........

The auction was not short of bidders, in the first instance couldn't the losing bidders be contacted to see if they are still interested? It could be an easy way for everyone to put it down to experience and move on..........

At the end of the day when something states fits a supra or anyother car that should mean what it states not that you have to do this and that if that was the case then you should have said that on ebay. I'm gonna send them to turbofit to have them fitted on my car and Greg is going to have a look and see what is needed cos i love them so i will let you all know. But i would like to say a big thanks to yous all for the support cheers lads