The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm not posting from work. Why?

Ben-san

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, thanks for your thoughts people - such is club lurve.

Now MY d.n.a. is all over the car from bleeding whilst getting all the glass out. I've also noticed that the halfwit has put a minor dent in the A-Pillar as well. I will thus entertain thoughts of death and destruction later.

Where was security???

The 'concierge' works from seven till seven, so there's only cameras for the unsociable hours.

The new glass is proving rather illusive... still trying to find a Mr T with some collecting dust somewhere.

Sorry to jump off point a bit, but the cops wont do shit, a lady in work her handbag was stolen from the shop and all faces caught on camera, she had just withdrawn her monthly wages, cops took the tape over 3 months ago, the were both on camera both foreigners, which have to be register on entering the country with photo ids, the fuckers still could find nobody !

Then 2 days ago my friend was coming out of the of the pub and seen a 17 year old getting bet by 4 lads in there mid twentys, and told them to lay off he is only young , they then turned on him and his mother, his girlfriend and gf's sister and bet the 4 of them. cops took a statement knew who he was, then told my friend even if he prosecutes nothing seriously will happen as he doesnt care because he has multiple counts against him, and prob wont even get locked up for more than 4 days !

The law here is piss, drunk drives can do nearly the same time as killers (killers 7 years most get out after 2).

Sorry to jump off point a bit, but the cops wont do shit, a lady in work her handbag was stolen from the shop and all faces caught on camera, she had just withdrawn her monthly wages, cops took the tape over 3 months ago, the were both on camera both foreigners, which have to be register on entering the country with photo ids, the fuckers still could find nobody !

Then 2 days ago my friend was coming out of the of the pub and seen a 17 year old getting bet by 4 lads in there mid twentys, and told them to lay off he is only young , they then turned on him and his mother, his girlfriend and gf's sister and bet the 4 of them. cops took a statement knew who he was, then told my friend even if he prosecutes nothing seriously will happen as he doesnt care because he has multiple counts against him, and prob wont even get locked up for more than 4 days !

The law here is piss, drunk drives can do nearly the same time as killers (killers 7 years most get out after 2).

I'm sorry but I think this is an appalling and provocative attitude. The police of this country do a heck of a job. Compare the service you get here to some countries where the police rape, murder etc. Regardless of that, plenty of countries have just plain poor policing.

You have had a couple of experiences with the police which have not been great however you do not know that the alleged bag theives were foreigners who have entered the country under current guidelines, you also do not know whether they are here legally. As doug has already stated, obtaining names/addresses/convictions from CCTV is very difficult. I'll show you a picture of a random bloke and you tell me where he lives eh?

In relation to the people who got "bet"(?!?) firstly, police would always advise to call them and not intervene because of your own safety. When they confronted the youths they did so knowing the risks. In addition, it is hardly the police's fault that the perpetrators dont care because of outstanding/previous convictions.

I feel disappointed that adults in this day and age can form opinions like this. I feel it is down to a lack of knowledge and empathy.

I feel for the poor chap who's car was damaged, I think his police force have done a sterling job so far and kept him well informed. They even sent out a hot bird to keep him happy while she fingerprinted. Couple with this the fact that noone was hurt and it was property affected, his police force seem to have performed very well.

:rolleyes:

I'm with the Met and am Ben-sans best mate. I told Ben what the Police would do and they did exactly that. People can have their own opinions about Police but I believe Ben-san has had a good service. if there is no DNA, no prints and the CCTV is not recognised byt anyone what would you do. Sorry to say but the cost of advertising the face of these culprits would not be in the publics interest. I like what Stealthhosts said about showing a picture of a random bloke, I bet Supra-dupra wouldn't be able to find him. Easy to moan and blame someone else eh. If you honestly think that Met Police are crap then go out with them for the day and let me see if you could even imagine trying to handle the job, then give me your comments.

Sorry about the moan and Ben-san know I'd do what I could to catch the tossers but being realistic I think everyone knows that there is a very low chance of finding them.

Hope the window gets sorted soon B.

It's also extremely easy to dispute in court the ID of someone from CCTV footage, even if it's bleeding obvious that it's him.

CCTV is not DNA, not even fingerprint material. And if the lighting, distance and angles are not perfect (which normally they are not) then you're lucky to even get a likeness. Circumstancial at best.

It's really useful if you intend to perform self-justice (ahem) or use it to rule out suspects and focus on specific individuals (and then gather evidence with more traditional methods)

I'm sorry but I think this is an appalling and provocative attitude. The police of this country do a heck of a job. Compare the service you get here to some countries where the police rape, murder etc. Regardless of that, plenty of countries have just plain poor policing.

You have had a couple of experiences with the police which have not been great however you do not know that the alleged bag theives were foreigners who have entered the country under current guidelines, you also do not know whether they are here legally. As doug has already stated, obtaining names/addresses/convictions from CCTV is very difficult. I'll show you a picture of a random bloke and you tell me where he lives eh?

In relation to the people who got "bet"(?!?) firstly, police would always advise to call them and not intervene because of your own safety. When they confronted the youths they did so knowing the risks. In addition, it is hardly the police's fault that the perpetrators dont care because of outstanding/previous convictions.

I feel disappointed that adults in this day and age can form opinions like this. I feel it is down to a lack of knowledge and empathy.

I feel for the poor chap who's car was damaged, I think his police force have done a sterling job so far and kept him well informed. They even sent out a hot bird to keep him happy while she fingerprinted. Couple with this the fact that noone was hurt and it was property affected, his police force seem to have performed very well.

Im not in YOUR country !! :rolleyes: and for your interest, it was caught on the street camera, and the taxi driver was waiting for them to made a statement ! And they still said that he will basically get away with it ! So I made a spelling mistake your being childish now knit picking apart my thread !

They walked out of the pub to get in the taxi (2 yards away) and seen this teenager getting a BEATING, and he asked oldest guy to take it easy as he will seriously hurt him ! I would have done the same this does not give them the right to turn on this family ! Why are you being a prat anyway, Im just explaining what happened ???

Next time take the stick from your arse and read the label first !!

Guest Flat4_ire

for someone who likes to portray himself as intelligent ! Why have you commented without reading all the facts !!

. . . The quarter windows come with seals attached, I supply these for £79 each plus postage, but would need a few weeks to order so no good for you. Here are the parts numbers from the EPC.

THAT'S not bad at ALL ! ! !

Had the rear 'quarter' glass on my Sierra smashed by Dicks. They were trying

to undo the REAR doors in an attempt to NOT set the motion sensors off ???

[they went off as soon as they opened the rear door though and neighbour

ran straight out with a Bat :blink: :) ]

That glass in the Sierra was ~£90 fitted but had to wait 3 days AND it was

a different 'trim' (black instead of chromie insert) because the RIGHT one had

been unavailable for some time :(

JUST for ONCE it seems it's CHEAPER on a Soop than a Dag'Dustbin !?!?!?;)

[i HAD removed the Face-Off but the Coppers reckon Kids break-in/ quickly

check the Glove-Box, cos 1/2 the peeps just pop 'em in there ! !

They said "leave the Glove-Box open for several days to give them the

message". :diablo: F%%C%^^^KK's ]

for someone who likes to portray himself as intelligent ! Why have you commented without reading all the facts !!

um....what facts exactly did I miss then? From what our friend from the emerald isle posted, he was adding information to his original post and not stating that I had misunderstood any of what he said.

Is your cold damp hole not getting lonely after you have crawled out of it? Shoo, fly.

Im not in YOUR country !! :rolleyes: and for your interest, it was caught on the street camera, and the taxi driver was waiting for them to made a statement ! And they still said that he will basically get away with it ! So I made a spelling mistake your being childish now knit picking apart my thread !

They walked out of the pub to get in the taxi (2 yards away) and seen this teenager getting a BEATING, and he asked oldest guy to take it easy as he will seriously hurt him ! I would have done the same this does not give them the right to turn on this family ! Why are you being a prat anyway, Im just explaining what happened ???

Next time take the stick from your arse and read the label first !!

Apologies, firstly I didn't notice that you were in ireland, I obviously wasn't observant enough. However, ireland is hardly the backwaters of brazil is it? I'm sure the police there do as good a job as most places in europe.

You have given more info now but firstly, not being there makes it difficult and secondly, what you posted the first time round was what I commented on. You are right, I picked on the typo's and it was childish, I do it a lot!

I'm not being a prat, if you post something in a public forum then expect comments on it. You chose to share your 2nd hand experiences and I chose to put my two penneth in. As for your final comment... it wasn't really required when you don't know me and have never spoken to me before now was it?

anyhoooooo :grouphug: group hug, all is well.

Apologies, firstly I didn't notice that you were in ireland, I obviously wasn't observant enough. However, ireland is hardly the backwaters of brazil is it? I'm sure the police there do as good a job as most places in europe.

You have given more info now but firstly, not being there makes it difficult and secondly, what you posted the first time round was what I commented on. You are right, I picked on the typo's and it was childish, I do it a lot!

I'm not being a prat, if you post something in a public forum then expect comments on it. You chose to share your 2nd hand experiences and I chose to put my two penneth in. As for your final comment... it wasn't really required when you don't know me and have never spoken to me before now was it?

anyhoooooo :grouphug: group hug, all is well.

Thats my point its not that there totally hopeless, just in both these situations they were about as much use as a one legged man at an arse competition ! (purse situ was first hand)

And I was watching the Dail (like your cabinet) debating this FACT that 7 years for murder with parole after 2/3 is a disgrace !

:kissass: (just like this smilie no offence)

Sorry to the guy who started the thread for the hijack ! Sorry to hear about the break in aswell !!

:tongue: No worries dude. Thanks for fitting that in between the new topic at hand, I appreciate your well wishes :)

I do think that these people have done a good job for my case, damage to personal property is mundane and it was good of them to turn up within two hours. It's hard to generalise on their overall performance on-job though, as they have to deal with each call-out differently... I know how hard it can be having sat through Arghjae's exam revision for a week! There's never one working formula when it comes to doing a 'good' job of any situation. Granted, there are some 'jobsworths' out there but given that they have to deal with arseholes all day long you can't really blame them for being on the defencive all the time.

Hopefully you'll never have to experience that again, it does bring about very serious doubts of the human condition to witness things as you've seen.

Anyhoo, how 'bout an update.

A good citizen found the bag of things from my boot scattered all over the place, up the road from me. She gathered everything and sent it to the local station and they called me to check if it was mine. The (dishy :love:) CSI said that it was no good to us anymore because to no fault of the good citizen, the evidence was now contaminated. Odd though, when I went to collect it, the bag was full of tools that weren't mine, less my nice shiny sprocket set :cry:, which looked like things you could use for a burglary.

I still can't find new glass so the supe's off the road, in the same garage with no windows and all the gloveboxes open in case anyone decides they want to have a browse. There was so much glass I had to take some of the interior out to get to it.