The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm not posting from work. Why?

Ben-san

You'll be picking glass up for weeks I'm afriad :(

Hope its sorted painlessly, be thankful it's just glass and no bent frames or metal. I've seen far more mindless ways to get in a car.

As far as the police go, when an officer comes to our business for CCTV footage after several thefts in the area and says "hey ho, what are you to do eh?" I loose complete faith in their attitude to want to solve any cases.

I have way too many other examples of incompetance and a seeming unwillingness to solve crime related to theft and burgalry.

Sadly policing isn't what it used to be thanks to the lawyers and ridiculous red tape and paperwork.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RJ, glass will be in midweek next (from two different places in the UK), and it's penciled in for a fitting on Friday. Steve Manley was ready to supply next-day, but RAC Windscreens weren't having any of it :angry: Le sigh.

You'll be picking glass up for weeks I'm afriad :(

Hope its sorted painlessly, be thankful it's just glass and no bent frames or metal. I've seen far more mindless ways to get in a car.

Pete, there's just so much of it isn't there. And there are powder-like shards all over the place too. Some of it has dissapeared under the carpet access cutouts beneath the drivers seat. I really have left a few spots of blood on the carpet cleaning this up.

The A-pillar has a dent in it, but it's probably just me that'll be picky enough to notice it. I'm guessing that they tend to wedge windows instead of punching them in so that the glass blows outwards. Such considerate bastards.

I was going to get that stuff where you can't smash through the glass but can push it out from the inside but I don't know if it would work on our cars at the front as they are frameless and am sure you need the frames to support it. Also I know it has to be a single sheet along across the whole glass and the rear window may cause some problems. Unless someone corrects me.

Will link up with you soon B after I start my new job.

Sooper: I'm not entirely sure about that stuff, as RJ said, our windows probably aren't suited for that. Also, as Pete said I should be thankful that the bodywork wasn't damaged - wouldn't stuff like that simply aggrevate them to do worse?

RJ: New job official is it? Acting Sarge as you said? We're bringing V back tomozza so I should be in Morden at around 1630 if you're about.