The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inpromptu London Get-Together ? Sunday 23rd Novemember

Roy

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Nice to see some of ya but felt like a spare prick at a wedding!!Me and the Mrs sat there in the little chef said hi to a few of ya but to be honest felt like we was blanked...In the end decided to do one as we all left the car park..some lovely cars there by the way but feel there needs to be some sort introduction sorted out as to be honest didn't know who to talk to and who not!!Could've ended up talking to some guy and his ford galaxy!!never mind eh...

Originally posted by Stu

:( Nice to see some of ya but felt like a spare prick at a wedding!!Me and the Mrs sat there in the little chef said hi to a few of ya but to be honest felt like we was blanked...In the end decided to do one as we all left the car park..some lovely cars there by the way but feel there needs to be some sort introduction sorted out as to be honest didn't know who to talk to and who not!!Could've ended up talking to some guy and his ford galaxy!!never mind eh...

Sorry to hear that mate, wasn't at all intentional but I guess no-one knew you were Supe people either- next time just talk to as many peeps as you can- or find me or Faye (safe bet you'll be talking to supe owners as there always less chicks) and we'll introduce you to the ones we know- there was lots I didn't know today myself!

:( Yep that was my old banger the quicksilver..We was both gutted as been looking forward to it all week..See you ladies turn up and everyone else but all we had was a nod from most and they see me get out the motor!As we left i was behind red uk supra being last out decided to go off and take the mrs for lunch really gutted but never mind

Stu, Just saw your post,

first a very big appology for not introducing myself,:(

I'm still a relative newbie.

My first meet was Billing & I felt like a spare one too until I started chatting to a few of the gang.

Please don't let this put you off, just come up and start talking

John

No worries mate think you were one of the few that spoke as i walked in to little chef as you did...Never mind did feel very awkward though as they sat us down the bottom..willl come again but think we all need to know whos who as if you are new very daunting...

Yeah Stu, I'll add to that- my first meet I just bit the bullet and spoke to people- it's gets easier each meet as you know more and more people.

WHen we walked in I only recognised a few faces and had no idea if anyone else in there was a supe person or not...difficult to tell, sorry, really, next time come and say hello more forcefully...!

stu - i am really sorry things worked out the way it did. pls believe me when i say it was not at all intentional. i think you'll find the people on here are a friendly bunch indeed. pls do try and attend the next meet (wherever/whenever it is convenient) and i'm sure if you went up to anyone, they would make you feel part of the gang immediately. once again, my apologies.

roy

p.s. the best bet is to wander upto someone getting in/out of their car ... :)

Originally posted by Stu

No worries supra girl!!! like the plate!Will make myself known next time but just felt a little awkward..even jet washed the old girl this morning oh well!!:cool:

Hey Stu , hope your not put off , i wasnt there today but if i was i would have talked to ya , you can allways recognise me im the quiet one with the subtle shirt :cool: . Really most of the guys are very chatty when you get to know them but thats easy to say , i know what its like when you dont know anyone , you should have posted and said im thinking about going but dont know anyone , then you would have been mobbed when you got there:thumbs:

dude:flame Dev

the matt harwood experience2.jpg

Cheers Roy but honestly did try and acknowledged several people as i was about the third person there!Turned up at about 11.00 am and saw I presume leon parking his bright orange car who who also stayed in his car for a while...after a few more turning up eventually decided to go in along side who i believe to be "food freak"...as we went in there were a couple of tables joined up and we were seated further down..very awkward as people rolling in and not knowing anyone seemed hard to make conversation..if it wasn't for the weather i think it would have been easier as people would have been by their cars and we could have all just got out and got talking...British weather eh!:conf:

Cheers Dude not put off at all just a bit gutted as we sorted babysitters out and everything so we had the day to ourselves..never mind fantastic site to see all those supes driving off!!!Should have seen the face of the people as I decided to take a sharp right turn instead of a left back onto the carriageway...lol:)

Originally posted by Stu

Cheers Dude not put off at all just a bit gutted as we sorted babysitters out and everything so we had the day to ourselves..never mind fantastic site to see all those supes driving off!!!Should have seen the face of the people as I decided to take a sharp right turn instead of a left back onto the carriageway...lol:)

Stu , thats a real S**t dude , some people get embarrassed when meeting people they dont know (like me) next time theres a meet make sure you tell people your coming , pm someone (me , Roy , Rosie etc) and make sure you know who you are looking for then we can introduce you to the guys and you wont feel left out , im really sorry this happened and i wasnt even there !!! Give it another go at another meet like the Hatfield one , if im going i'll give you my phone number so as we dont miss each other , i'll evben bring a Hawian shirt for ya:D :cool: :thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev