The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-Turbo

apoc_reg

this thread is starting to answer a question I was gonna ask. What is the best way of extracting reasonable power from a standard N/A supra? Mine like the ones above is an aero in a colour I like ie red and having found the means to get it leathered am looking for performance enhancements to push the same power as the uk turbo model without having to service the thing every day and replace the engine once a month!! lol

I hear a lot of stuff being bandied about so I will ask what gain you might expect to get and what the price and disadvantages are of each. I am techno buffoon so English answers of a condescending manner are definitely required.

Supercharging seems like a good idea on paper

turbo conversion job now on sale in one of them links for $4250

Nitrous

So far I have been considering the nitrous approach but really don't know where to start looking at getting it done. Reading quotes of ridiculous shots of nos whets the old appetite and seems cheap but there must be a drawback cos there rnt any free lunches available.

Answers on a postcard if you please

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

How about putting a RB 26 DET engine in a supra it has been done before and you can get those r34 engines off of ebay for 2500k hole engine including gearbox and ecu etc . ?

Iam thinking about turbo on my n/a as I miss haveing a turbo now , I would by a TT but iam only 19 and insurance company's don't want to know so na/turbo conversion will be the only way for me .

Originally posted by chazuk

I would by a TT but iam only 19 and insurance company's don't want to know so na/turbo conversion will be the only way for me .

You think this will be a less costly route than a TT to insure?? :eek: I want your insurance company. My NA is more to insure than a TT.

Sometimes faye you have to bend the truth a little ...

Jeez how much did you bend the truth? did you tell them it was a yaris or something!:blink:

Its hard enough getting insurance at 21, let alone 19!

Nope I havent bent the truth yet and I have not lied to the insurance company ..I just cant wait till Iam 21-22 to have a TT thats a long way away .. so a turbo kit is the only way for me ..

Had a 200sx before and the insurance company loved that aswell when I was 18 .:) .

Nope I havent bent the truth yet and I have not lied to the insurance company ..I just cant wait till Iam 21-22 to have a TT thats a long way away .. so a turbo kit is the only way for me ..

Had a 200sx before and the insurance company loved that aswell when I was 18 .:) .

yeah but you'd have to declare the turbo kit, same for nitrous.

Originally posted by carl0s

yeah but you'd have to declare the turbo kit, same for nitrous.

Quite.

I'm still amazed that the NA is a cheaper car to insure than the TT for you Chaz. If you don't mind me asking, who are you with currently?

Cant get insured on a TT as it is group 20 insurance and group 20 cars are 21 or over , buget car insurance are good and elephant are ok but seem a bit iffy both of them wanted 1400 full comp on my own I added my mum as a second driver and the price came down 350 notes :) :)

I'd be a bit carefull with insuring the n/a with elephant as they dont actually have it on their system, I was quoted £800 for an n/a and I phoned back the next day and it turns out they put it down as a supra FI the mk3 supra, the n/a is actually a group 19 and I know for certain that elephant will not insure any car over group 17 if your under 21.

Just be cautious mate! :)

Originally posted by Lazarus

I have my N/A insured with elephant, called them to make sure they had the right facts, MKIV etc... No problem, £400

Although I'm just a little bit older than 21! Like 11 years older. :blink:

Does it say MKIV SZ on the policy? Or just Supra?