The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unfairly Treated By Member !!

TT-DEK

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHATS THE POINT, WHEN HE DOES NOT REPLY!!. This may be unfair of me, he may be on holiday or something, and there might be an internet cafe some where, thats why i keep seeing him signed on? so i will appologise if this is the case

well in that case you have to choices, wait a little longer or name him

It is a tough situation. I constantly put my faith in people i send stuff out to public and members alike. I have never knowingly supplied anything that is faulty, but being a breaker i cant gaurantee anything i've never seen working! On the few occasions something has gone wrong, i usually give a full refund, but there are always people who take the p#ss. One particular member claimed he'd never recieved the parts he paid for, so i gladly sent out replacements. These apparently also never turned up, so i reluctantly sent another. Next thing i heard was a post on the forum claiming i was a con man and took money for non existant parts!

I would also say that in your situation it is HIGHLY unlikely that the unit was fried by a dodgy turbofit installation. The guys there are very competant at everything they do, and i have first hand experience at working with sam and gregs electrical guys! Someone that can completely strip an engine loom, wire for wire, rebuild it again but 10 inches longer, and re-install it is going to be more than capable of fitting an SAFC!!

My advice would be not to go down the route of using the forum as a slagging board, as this happens all to often and doesn't achieve anything. We dont need to know who the member is that sold you the safc. But obviously if it turns out he knew he was selling you a dodgy unit, thats when he needs to be named and shamed for other members to make a note of! Give him a chance to get in touch. Sorry for the essay! :D

if you buy second hand expect problems but there is a lot of if's and buts and what if's

if this person has indeed not contacted you then that person is a bit low and does not deserve buisness to say "it was working before" is a bit childish and non buisness minded

however there is 2 sides of the story

i think 50:50 is a good idea

LOL its becomming a guessing game now

No, I'm not that childish- I was thinking (albiet for a nano second) that if this thread was in the members section, curiosity would forced this chap to log on to see it, thus having no excuses for saying "I wasn't logged on etc". But it's a bit Scoob Doo for grown ups....

As some of you may know, i have had fun in this situation before. I ended up 1000 pounds down. Howver i never named and shamed as the product i bought was working when it came to me. (turbo, so wasnt blown lol)

If it went via courier i believe the best thing to do is to try to claim back through insurance. Otherwise, being the seller i would refund the amount - postage. (would ask for the faulty product back though!!

Good luck. P.S dont name and shame for a long while! too much of that about at the moment!

As some of you may know, i have had fun in this situation before. I ended up 1000 pounds down. Howver i never named and shamed as the product i bought was working when it came to me. (turbo, so wasnt blown lol)

If it went via courier i believe the best thing to do is to try to claim back through insurance. Otherwise, being the seller i would refund the amount - postage. (would ask for the faulty product back though!!

Good luck. P.S dont name and shame for a long while! too much of that about at the moment!

Pig,

you've just reminded me of something. I always thought it was the poster who had to claim on insurance. They were after all the person with whom the delivery contract - and therefore the insurance - was with. If that is the case then they should refund Dodgy, and claim off the courier themselves.

Mike

I agree with most of what you say, but i gave this person many chances to reply. If this was me, i would have been too embarrsed to just leave it, and fire back with it was fine when it left me!. I would have said ok, just send it back, i,ll send you the money back, but i will speak to the installers before doing so? have you got a problem with that? Just cover the postage. Its not as if i have fit it myself? A Qualified electrician who has fit many of these has.

If you send the seller a pm then ask him to acknowledge your message with just a quick reply if he hasn't got the time.

You always know if the pm has been read aswell.

If you send numerous messages and he doesn't reply then name him on here for definate, he deserves all he gets if he keeps ignoring you. There aren't any excuses for this at all.