The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unfairly Treated By Member !!

TT-DEK

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As has already been mentioned, it's a difficult situation because as far as the seller knows it was working when he sent it to you, therefore he will have difficulty in justifying to himself that he should provide a refund of any sort.

I would recommend that you email him and ask him to make a claim on the package from his insurance company that covered the delivery of the parcel, if he fails to do that then it shows you have made a reasonable effort to afford him the time and means to replace the item. If that doesn't work I would suggest the small claims court local to you, the fact that you had requested that he claim from the insurance as it arrived faulty (and under the sale of goods act is was misdescribed to you as working) and that he failed to do so would be favorable to you as it would then suggest that he knew it was faulty.

You MUST give him fair time to respond though, if he sent you a parcel you should have his address, I would write a letter to him, send it recorded delivery which he must then sign for and cannot deny it arriving, explain the situation as you see it and what you plan to do and that you require reply in writing within 7 working days.

Go from there.

Shame it gets to stuff like this but I can imagine both parties seeing themselves as in the right.

good luck getting it sorted out however you do it.

Hi All,

We have been looking at this thread and did not think it was our place to comment on a dispute between members.

However after one or two comments along the lines that we might of damaged the unit whilst fitting it has compelled us to respond.

The SAFC in question was supplied to us by Dodgy and was removed from the box that he had recived it in, our sparks proceeded to wire in the unit to the ECU loom a job he has now done many times ( This does not imply that he does it with his eyes closed) as with all electronic installations done by us the battery is removed from the car prior to any work taking place and the harness is diconected from the ECU once all connections are made our sparks checks every conection with his test gear to ensure there are no shorts.

As this unit install was only part of the work undertaken on Dodgy's car it was not until the next day that the car was fired up ready for setting up, the SAFC came to life as expected and attempts were made to set corrections for fueling however the unit would not make any.

As we always do, everything was double checked but the unit refused to do anything even though it allowed you access to all the menus and allowed you to set up the corrections.

We had in stock a new unit and so pulled that out of the box and pluged it into the same harness set it up and hey presto all corrections entred were reflected in the AFR ratios on the monitors.

We have over the years bought electronic items that we have seen working only to find that since being removed and transported that they then refused to work yes a mystery but it does happen.

All in all both people feel that the other is at fault and I can see both viewpoints.

To try and help both parties we are going to ask Dodgy to bring the SAFC down with him on tuesday and send it off to our electronic wizard to see if he can both find and fix the fault if he can then I am sure Dodgy will have it up for sale on here and we will sign the guarantee.

We have been looking at this thread and did not think it was our place to comment on a dispute between members.

I was thinking about this early this morning and came to the same conclusion. It's impossible to impartially comment on these things without knowling the full facts...and that's unlikely to happen. It's all lots of "ifs" and "probablys".

I for one am going to stop commenting on stuff like this and stay well away from "friction" threads in the future. There's too much scope personally for misinterpretation of my own comments and position on things in general which may give people the wrong impression of me. (or worse, the right impression ;) )

I was thinking about this early this morning and came to the same conclusion. It's impossible to impartially comment on these things without knowling the full facts...and that's unlikely to happen. It's all lots of "ifs" and "probablys".

I for one am going to stop commenting on stuff like this and stay well away from "friction" threads in the future. There's too much scope personally for misinterpretation of my own comments and position on things in general which may give people the wrong impression of me. (or worse, the right impression ;) )

shut it $hit stirrer!!

:D

Pete I think we can all see you have been looking at threads and replying from a unbiased point of view. It has raised questions that have been answered giving members the oppurtunity to respond and look at the details objectively. I for one haven't taken offence at your replies just that you are simply playing devils advocate. :tempted: which has helped balance the threads :)

Guest chiefvinso

Personally I wouldnt buy second hand goods and secondally people are stabbing each other in the back all the time so this business about being a nice close community is a load of tripe.

Personally I wouldnt buy second hand goods and secondally people are stabbing each other in the back all the time so this business about being a nice close community is a load of tripe.

Like all communities, people will develop allies and friendships...sometimes enemies too. Those people who are allies will stick up for others in their 'clan'. It used to be that there was just a Supra clan, but with such a popular site as this with so many members it's natural for subdivisions to occur.

It's human nature.

Who wants to be in the Blue Clan and who wants to be the Green Clan then? We can have proper wars then :rlol:

Like all communities, people will develop allies and friendships...sometimes enemies too. Those people who are allies will stick up for others in their 'clan'. It used to be that there was just a Supra clan, but with such a popular site as this with so many members it's natural for subdivisions to occur.

It's human nature.

Who wants to be in the Blue Clan and who wants to be the Green Clan then? We can have proper wars then :rlol:

Ok but if anyone starts going all lord of the flies i'm outta here.

Guest chiefvinso

or have the slower UK spec owners in one clan against the Faster JDM supra owners :D

LOL I think this clan already exists, well the UK spec do and they are so touchy about being overweight...... :D

... UK spec owners in one clan against the Faster JDM supra owners :D

Here's another take:

Let's create a clan for those with 550cc injectors and big fuel pumps from the factory.

In that clan we may accept those with large brakes and glass headlights.

Members of the clan may find out that they also share larger A/R ratios amongst their turbos and a distinct lack of glued-on ceramic wheels. :D

How about that, eh?

Here's another take:

Let's create a clan for those with 550cc injectors and big fuel pumps from the factory.

In that clan we may accept those with large brakes and glass headlights.

Members of the clan may find out that they also share larger A/R ratios amongst their turbos and a distinct lack of glued-on ceramic wheels. :D

you siding with the lardy UK boys then mate? :D