The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can we move the SEM meet please?

Dragonball

Just food for thought guy's, but a few of the regulars (we've only missed 1 in the last 18 months) for the SEM actually travel all the way from Wiltshire for this, if you move the venue further East you will basically be excluding us from the meet, as it is we usually don't get home much before 01:30am (Yeah, I know, we must be mad!).

Don't get me wrong, if there are issues with the venue (and there has been a couple recently.) then by all means lets move it somewhere else. Just don't move it out of our reach.

I am not saying for one minute that sem should close down, i have been along and went to the bbq so know that its a good laugh and hope to get to some more soon.

Its just that its a long way for other people that live south east ( as in Dover aera etc ) Plus by having it on a different night people still have a choice to go to one or other or both !!!

Dont forget that some my feel excluded by you having it where you do.

I am not saying for one minute that sem should close down, i have been along and went to the bbq so know that its a good laugh and hope to get to some more soon.

Its just that its a long way for other people that live south east ( as in Dover aera etc ) Plus by having it on a different night people still have a choice to go to one or other or both !!!

Dont forget that some my feel excluded by you having it where you do.

I'm getting the feeling that what you guy's are looking for is a Kent/East Sussex meet (KESM maybe?) and I do appreciate that the SEM is also a long way from Dover. I'd like to be able to help with suggestions, but I really don't know that area of England that well.

Remember that the South East Meet is for the South East of England (encompasing as far north as Bedfordshire as another regular is "SupRo" from Luton) not just South East of London.

The SEM needs to be kept central to the whole South East of England.:zen:

I'm getting the feeling that what you guy's are looking for is a Kent/East Sussex meet (KESM maybe?)

The SEM needs to be kept central to the whole South East of England.:zen:

A kent meet ( km ?? ) would be a good thing as there are quite a few of us around now :D

Couldnt agree more on keeping sem central :)

I think the general area where we hold the meet is right southwest to west side of town, it gives a good coverage of people. I reckon the hogs back is a bit too much of a trek for alot of people.

Perhaps it is time that people on the south coast started organising a regular meet down their way as there are quite a few people in that area.

As for a Kent meet I could well be interested in coming to that also

As us Wiltshire bumkins made up 25% of last nights meet, it would be sad for us to be excluded by going even further away.

I know we could start our own SWM - but we like your company.....

I also think that if it moved about you would find numbers dropped off dramatically as people wouldn't be able (or bothered to look on here) to remember where it was going to be.

I'm not a huge fan of the Fairmile (service slow etc) but would like to think you don't move to far around the M25.

Finding a place for everyone is always gonna be a bit tricky..

(moving it closer for some means moving further for others)

how about something like a location near the fairmile every other month and one easier for the dover crowd the other time? or something like that..

also think a kent meet is a good idea...

I think the main problem for some (well me really!) is it is on a Tuesday..

Can i put up an option for a sunday? (maybe even for the poss kent meet??) then there may not be a problem with people having to travel far after work.. can start earlier, (nice in summer) and if people have a distance to cover can leave to get home for a decent time..?

how about something like a location near the fairmile every other month QUOTE]

That's why i agreed with Paul's suggestion of somewhere off the hogs back because after all its only 9.5 miles away from Cobham.

Would be nice if there could be a place for us to meet some people from elsewhere in the country but it seems that logistically its hard for everyone. (especially wiltshire and the likes!).

Suggestions of a south coast meet are good for us though.

I think the main problem for some (well me really!) is it is on a Tuesday..

Can i put up an option for a sunday? (maybe even for the poss kent meet??) then there may not be a problem with people having to travel far after work.. can start earlier, (nice in summer) and if people have a distance to cover can leave to get home for a decent time..?

The main problem with weekends is that any pub will struggle to accomodate a large crowd on a regular basis that is why that all the car clubs that meet at the Fairmile, and other pubs that offer a similar thing, do it midweek.

Perhaps it is time that people on the south coast started organising a regular meet down their way as there are quite a few people in that area.

:(

Don't you want to see us anymore, we come all the way from Wiltshire purely because there is not a lot of events going on Down South WEST, certainly none that are as regular as the Fairmile.

Wiltshire folk that come regularly.

Gatso & SOO (regulars)

Laz and KatieC (regulars)

Ash & Martin (not all the time)

Mr Lover & Geri (first time)

Simon B (been once)

Supragal (from Bordon area) still western.....

The whole point is that we all have to travel to get to these places, even you guys!! (No disrespect) to anyone......

:(

Don't you want to see us anymore, we come all the way from Wiltshire purely because there is not a lot of events going on Down South WEST, certainly none that are as regular as the Fairmile.

Wiltshire folk that come regularly.

Gatso & SOO (regulars)

Laz and KatieC (regulars)

Ash & Martin (not all the time)

Mr Lover & Geri (first time)

Simon B (been once)

Supragal (from Bordon area) still western.....

The whole point is that we all have to travel to get to these places, even you guys!! (No disrespect) to anyone......

South Coast as in Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth. I've heard the beaches aren't very good in Wiltshire ;)

Ok, the reason we use the fairmile is because car meets is what it does!! They are very accomodating, give us our own room, and in the summer I can't imagine that you'll find many places that will allow lots of cars to gather and even park up on their lawns for shows/photos etc.

Tuesday night was the "free" night that the other regular car clubs don't attend on.

There is no reason why another meet can't be organised on a different night with a different location, so I don't think this thread should really be about changing what we have, but actually about, well organising a regular meet in a different location???

Ok, the reason we use the fairmile is because car meets is what it does!! They are very accomodating, give us our own room, and in the summer I can't imagine that you'll find many places that will allow lots of cars to gather and even park up on their lawns for shows/photos etc.

Tuesday night was the "free" night that the other regular car clubs don't attend on.

There is no reason why another meet can't be organised on a different night with a different location, so I don't think this thread should really be about changing what we have, but actually about, well organising a regular meet in a different location???

yep i agree with supragal sorry paul. i know service was a bit poor on tuesday due to lack of staff but at least we got our drinks in the end.every pub has got there ups and downs:thumbs:

We can still do the Bar-B-Q mate

err... actually... no we couldn't.

If you talk to the person who originally arranged the Fairmile meet, and the first summer BBQ meet for the club, sorted out getting known by the Fairmile etc (that's me by the way :D ), then you'd know that unless we have regular monthly meets we won't be a registered car club and therefore can't attend the summer BBQ for registered car clubs! :rolleyes:

So, as Rosie said, there needs to be an additional meet for those that want one, and still have the Fairmile Tuesday meets every month.

We dont want to break up the Fairmile meet, I agree with Supragal, you wont find many places that accomodating, and with all the space.

All we are looking for is a monthly meeting more local to us, theres no reason why it cant be another nite or week so people have the option of attending both meets.

M25 is an absolute nighmare at rush hour and this is what puts people off.

We are currently trying to source a pub or venue and then have a vote on day, nite, week, or weekend.

We have spoken about a local meet for a long time and it has never been our intention to mess with the SEM.

Hope this clarifies our situation.

We have noticed how the local membership (towards the south coast) has grown recently and feel this is a justification for another seperate meet.