The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where does your Screen name come from?

Lucifer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mum and Dad (**Dads** name is Peter too)

Speaking of parent naming their children after them....

Completely off the topic but my step mum is called Malgorzata (pronounced Mal-gosh-a) and my step sister (oldest of the kids) is also called Malgorzata. She tried to called the next daughter Malgorzata as well but when she went to register the birth the Polish officials said she couldn't! It gets confusing sometimes.

Anyway - my username obvious i think.

I blame Branners.:innocent:

Years ago back in the Calibra mailing list I was "John" but he was also posting as "John"

So I decided to add the first letter of the surname to differentiate them, but still keep it short.

I'd be "JohnA" and he'd be "JohnB"

So not to point a finger, but it's his fault.:tongue:

Mine is because the old SXOC board would not let me use Dick or Dicky, so i ended up with Ricky, my name is Richard but i have always been called Dick (and this dates back to when Dick didn't really have other connotations;) ) and Tricky because i used to build custom bikes and i was known for the clever little gadgets and bits i used to make for them, and now do the same on my cars.

Muppets from Space.

Pepe the Prawn (see avatar) does something good and Fozzie says the shrimp did well. To which Pepe replies:

"I am not a shrimp I am a KING PRAWN"

This became a phrase used at home and Prawn stuck.

Bill was added as a psuedonym to use on various websites. He was slagged off and banned and even published in different things.

Trouble is that everyone knows it's me now so he has to behave :p

Carlos Norman Hathcock II was the highest scoring sniper with the US Marines in Vietnam.

When I did my sniper course there were some US instructors on it who used him as an example, and I was interested in him so I bought a book on him.

I joined another forum and used his name as the log in name and as I have a memory like a gold fish with altzhimers I kept it here.

Real name is Andy.