The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where does your Screen name come from?

Lucifer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the band 'Sonic Youth'... hence all virtual persona's are prefixed with the word 'Sonic' for some reason...

and this being a forum for a particular car...?

you do the math.... :D

oh, and it's was my old street racing name 'back in the day'....

:p

Well mine is obvious..................:). No explanation needed. :D

its basically a play on words

"how super" = "how supra"

and as Supra's are obviously super, it makes perfect sense to call yourself how_supra.

On previous forums, and at Uni, your name was 'Spoon'. For obvious reasons you chose not to have that as your username.

*NOTE: Some or all of that may have been stolen from the earlier thread on this subject.

its basically a play on words

"how super" = "how supra"

and as Supra's are obviously super, it makes perfect sense to call yourself how_supra.

On previous forums, and at Uni, your name was 'Spoon'. For obvious reasons you chose not to have that as your username.

*NOTE: Some or all of that may have been stolen from the earlier thread on this subject.

:p

Button Moon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Me and a friend formed 'Sub Culture UK Ltd' a couple of years ago with the intention of building show cars. We've built a few now and hope to crack on more this year with the name and business, but due to illness and other commitments, it got put on the back burner last year. Always used the name for forums!

Andy

Mine came from my old friend Paul Smyth, dearly departed at 42. He got this name due to being the supercool guy / talented musician/ that he was. He really was the "Chiefgroover" in the eyes of all who knew him, always full of great jokes, good times, and excellent music. The real "Chiefgroover" died of a heart attack (heavy smoker), so I am just carrying on the name best I can, however I'll never hold a candle to the personality that won the title in the first place. We used to jam guitar together, over 400 times at least over the years, often changing the lyrics for amusement.