What do you dislike about your Supra?

Guest Pastapuck

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

only thing i would like is another Supra with permanent/switchable 4 wheel drive, for the crap UK weather, then can drive it all year, and still have fun.

then can keep the other one in A1 condition for the better weather :)

and maybe they could combine the wing mirrors to fold and be heated at same time.

...bonnet that is a mare to shut

Yep, that one as well. I always think that it will fly open at high speeds, doesn't inspire confidence at all:(

Also the ridiculous horns of the UKSpec, I guess if someone reverses at 1mph you're looking at a damaged bumper. Silly and unnecessary

Pete - "Snow Mode" that was a brilliant device only a few months ago!! - some time in November I believe we had shed loads of snow during the day - I recon it saved my bacon a couple of times.

Snow mode is good in the snow. Just not good when I've just pulled out of a junction a bit quick with vehicles coming, the wheels have spun, the T/C has panicked and kills all my power because it thinks it's snowing. :(

Yep, that one as well. I always think that it will fly open at high speeds, doesn't inspire confidence at all:(

Also the ridiculous horns of the UKSpec, I guess if someone reverses at 1mph you're looking at a damaged bumper. Silly and unnecessary

at least yours has a lump that makes it more rigid.

mine just a bit expance of wobbly ali.

the thing I dislike - not my own supra but the Supra as a owners car in general.... that being that they are becoming a vehicle which is getting chavv'ed up more and more often.

Don't see why some people buy a Supra and then try to turn it into something else. I'm all for individuality and all that, and altering their car for a specific purpose for a specific application (ie. racing etc.) is spot on, but I've seen cars which are becoming chavved up just for the sake of doing something to it.

Wouldn't like to see the Supra develop an image the same as the Corsa, Nova etc.

I didn't like the fact that if they had made the rear hatch just 1 inch wider the Aerotop roof would have slotted straight in without the jiggery pokery required.

Other than that there were other things but I consider them compromises for the kind of car that it is (fuel consumption, boot space, etc). If I wanted an economical load carrier I'd drive a 1.6 estate.

Oh, and about the big steering wheel - I only really noticed this while driving the RAV4 this week. The wheel in that feels tiny, but it's 'normal'. The Supra does seem to have a very big wheel for the car - definitely a 'GT' wheel and not a 'sports car' wheel.

No1 hate, was tyre noise, but i cured this.

No2 hate was shunting in traffic, that damm fuel cut making the car like a kangaroo. Fixed this some but not totally.

No.3 squeaking noise from dashboard near windscreen.

No.4 Crap standard speakers (very poor rear location) had to cure with major install.

Buy a Supra and the spend the rest of your life making it the car you thought it might be.

What I really dislike is the travesty of a traction control.

This one they really got wrong. WTF, they had access to the ABS sensors, rpm signal and injector signal too. Why couldn't they produce something that actually *works*?

John i've had experience of the usual stock traction issues of the supra, but recently in my Aristo have found the stock system to be far more un-intrusive on this car. It hasn't cut all power on me, and seems to have a much more soft cut than my old supras (although its been a while).

Seems strange that the MKiv was/is so bad..........wonder if the just stuck the Aristo stuff in there, as i think it preceeds the Mkiv...........

For me.. the stock alloys look a bit dated, the horn is weak but not noddy like the S2000's :lol:

The TRC isnt great, but its helped out occasionally ;)

John, spot on about the horns, someones done that to me and damaged my bumper, so I need some work doing sometime, and Aron, I'm with ya when you're talking about the mods. It seems to be like the chavs chosen chariot for some.

Worst thing about it tho, is trying to keep it looking nice with all the careless dicks around, but thats not the cars fault, it just hurts more cos I like it so much.