• Oct 4th
    • Oct 25th

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gordon F

What were they at G-Force Bobbeh?

265 at the wheel.. so +18% loss equalled 323bhp which was about right for a stock car.

305 at the hub, seemed a little high for me, and 305 at the fly seems way too low.. so which is it!? :conf:

Hi All,

The sheets show FLYWHEEL power but are in fact HUB TORQUE and HUB HP figures. It's due to the correction factor (tcf) being 1.00 that there is NO compensation for transmission losses.

If I printed the hub power plots then you'd all be saying "wow my cars got 1280ft/lb torque"..... when in fact that is the torque at the wheels (due to the multiplication factor of the diff).

But as usual most people understand the figures when you say "at the flywheel" So the hub figures are divided by the diff ratio shown on the graph.

Shame Dynapack don't allow us to change the heading of the page, it'd make things a lot easier.

I also think they should make it so the marker indicators where also printed on the graph so you could see what the yellow and green boxes on the bottom of the graph was referring to.

Hope you all enjoyed the day.

Please email me any photos you have or pictures of your cars if you wish to go in to the hall of fame.

Regards

Pete

Sorry for having to limp off (literally!) so early Pete - you were busy on the big 516HP

What might be interesting if you had a few graphs of an average / BPU and BPU++ that you could show that might indicate what they mean i.e. Temp rises at induction, fuelling - this area shows potential leaning off etc etc, torque results

I found the results of the temp rises and subsequent lowering of torque really interesting

I am sure the other guys would love to see some pretty pics of what it is all about!

BTW - if you find any more bits of my turbo please dont hesitate to put them in you hall of fame!

:p

hi

had a great day out met lots of good people

I tried to talk to everyone but I may of missed a couple of you

thanks to dude for showing me the real tt experiance

:)

The day just confirmed the things that I want to do with my car next year.

Commiserations To Paul E

hope to see you all at future events

What might be interesting if you had a few graphs of an average / BPU and BPU++ that you could show that might indicate what they mean

Yes I agree.

I'll try to get some FAQ and examples on the website along with the hall of fame stuff :)

so can people send me QUESTIONS relating to the dyno....

I'll start a new thread in Technical...

Glad you've taken the experience so well Paul ;)

Regards

Pete