The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Portsmouth/Southampton mini-meet

mawby

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, now I have to apologise to everyone as I've just phoned the pub and they don't open 'till 12 on Sundays. Yes I know, I should have checked earlier, but I was sooooo positive it opened at 10. :banghead: So we have two choices, either...

1) I quickly phone around and find another local pub that does open at ten and rearrange it for there, or

2) We turn up there anyway and then choose what to do, besides giving me a well deserved kicking! :twak:

It's up to you lot, but I'll start phoning around now. :)

Originally posted by millhouse

find another pub

I've just tried 5 other local pubs and they all open at 12, it's a conspiracy. :mad:

So I propose another option, we still go to The Old Ship but aim to get there for after 11. That way we're not hanging around too long before the pub opens. That gives us a chance to look around the motors, go get an ice cream or take some photos. I'll even get the ice creams in, how about that! :D

Just to warn you all that although there are no permanent speed cameras on the routes I've plotted, it's not unheard of for speed traps be set-up in the area, especially along the sea front at this time of year - so keep your eyes peeled! ;)

That's okay, I put the radar detector into the car today ;)

Alright, I'm going to TRY and make it to the pub by 11am, shouldn't be any later than 12 if I am.

I drove 520 miles today (to the Welsh west coast and back:)) and it's starting to get a bit late and I'm quite knackered, so I'll go to sleep now and attempt to make it out in the morning :)

If you guys move on from the specified pub, can one of you throw me a text message?

0790 553 2947

cheers :)

-Tony

Well cheers to everyone who turned up. The turn-out was better than I expected and I don't think we could have asked for better weather in the end. (Although my face, arms and neck all seem to be a lot redder than when I left home this morning! :cool: )

The convoy of Supra's leaving the pub for the beach looked brilliant in my mirrors. How many people had to look twice, three times, infact 10 times as we drove past them! :D

I've uploaded the few photo's I took onto my website here.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for comming. I'll get the ball rolling for the next meet down here soon if enough people are up for it. Like before I'll try and give people plenty of notice, and the suggestion of a bar-b-q next time also seems like a good idea.

:thumbs:

Sounds like you had a really good time.....I'm very jealous....I was hoping to come but went to a party in the middle of some woods down a track.....thats all I remember!! Earths and my car got blocked in so I didn't get home till 6 AM great party though....still a bit dizzy !!

But really wanted to come to da beach with all da other Supras... ..glad you all had a great time though and the weather was good...Sorry I couldn't make it this time Kev n everyone but will def come next time

:cool:

what about 4 weeks time 17/8/03:)

That's fine with me. So is the 24/8/03 if that any easier for the others. I can't do the 31/8/03 has I have another wedding to go to!

nice photos

i will put mine up later

One of them even shows the OAP's that stopped watching the Grand Prix just to have a look at our cars! :D I don't know if that's something to boast about or not actually. :conf:

Great to meet everyone and also great to put names to faces :cool:

A great turnout, great cars and great weather! I too am feeling a little bit :flame Dev round the back of my neck and face :D

Great convoy back when we left, also bumped into Sean Doyle who you flashed Mawby as we came round the corner, he met us at the Shell station.

He'd been to a gig in London the night before and didn't get in till 6am! He was a bit disappointed but I think he'll be there for the next one.

I'll get my photos uploaded onto my site tomorrow.

Originally posted by mawby

One of them even shows the OAP's that stopped watching the Grand Prix just to have a look at our cars! :D I don't know if that's something to boast about or not actually. :conf:

one of them said he was getting to old for his motorbike and would like to get a supra he was 67:cool:

Originally posted by mawby

. . . the suggestion of a bar-b-q next time also seems like a good idea.

Yeah we could do it somewhere like Queen Elizabeth Country Park, or Victoria Country Park at Netley (as long as I get my jabs first:p )

Here's a few compressed pics that'll hopefully be friendly to folks on dial-up.

This one's my fave :

http://www.duncandriver.btinternet.co.uk/Supra/Hants.Meet.20JUL03/IMG_2348.jpg

Ah, look at all those wings :)

Yeah, was a shame Sean was late, but good to have met him (would've sucked if he was maybe 3 minutes later, we'd have missed him).

Nice to meet all of you, and had a great time chatting :) I'm definitely up for another one, especially if the weather is as good as today. I'm going to have a nice tan from today :)

I'll have my pictures online shortly (some 45 of them I think..), as soon as I drag them off my camera.

-p

Originally posted by dunk657

Yeah we could do it somewhere like Queen Elizabeth Country Park, or Victoria Country Park at Netley (as long as I get my jabs first:p )

My choice would be the Royal Victoria Country Park mainly because there web site has a lot more information than the Queen Elizabeth Country Park one, including prices for Bar-b-q's which is...

The park has three barbecues for hire. Two large ones which cater for up to 100 people and one small one which caters for up to 25 people.

Barbecues may be booked throughout the summer. Each barbecue is available for two sessions a day: 11am - 5pm and 6pm - 11pm.

The large BBQs are available for hire at £40 each per session. Small BBQs are £20. This hire charge includes the BBQ, seating, car parking and toilet facilities. It does not include food and charcoal.

For more information, please contact the park office 023 8045 5157.

As something like this needs to be booked in advance, we might want to get this organised sooner rather than later. At least I've found out what time they open before the day before! :D