The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Portsmouth/Southampton mini-meet

mawby

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm based in Aylesbury (Bucks), but if it's looking like a nice day I'll try and get down and say hello :)

Would be nice to see a dozen Supras in a pub car park.. definitely a good idea to go somewhere scenic and get some pictures of them all.

That'd be an impressive convoy too.. :)

-p

Originally posted by pulse

I'm based in Aylesbury (Bucks), but if it's looking like a nice day I'll try and get down and say hello :)

Would be great if you can make it down pulse, long way to travel but fair play if you do make it :)

Well..

I've only had my mk4 for .. uuh .. 5 days now .. so would like to get to know some of you guys, as I plan on hanging around for a while :)

Shame the gf won't be able to make it down with me, but as I say, if it looks like it's going to be a nice day ...

Who needs an excuse for a long drive in the Supra? :)

Originally posted by pulse

Any rough guesses at how long the meet would go for?

Obviously not really worth driving 3 hours down for an hour meet to drive back again.. :cool:

-p

Good point, I'm gonna be at a loose end all day, as in recovery mode :) will also want to get some food so will be at least eating down there.

Plus pictures which could take a while and at this point I'm rambling so ....... I'll stop :innocent:

Depends on what everyone else is upto as well.

It really depends on what everyone wants to do on the day. We could quite easily spend a few hours down the pub looking over the cars, a few drinks and a spot of lunch.

Then the general concensus is to go and get some decent photos taken. The beach would be an ideal place, but finding a car park down there empty enough for all of us to park next to one another will probably be wishfull thinking.

We may have to try a couple of carparks before we find a suitable one, but then a convoy of Supra's down by the beach is going to look smart and will definitely attract the attention of the "young ladies" down there, which will make the driving around worth while for those of us who's other halfs can't make it. :innocent:

http://www.weather.co.uk

Looking like showers and 22 all weekend (and, incidently, from Wednesday this week til Tuesday of next week).

:looney:

Maybe not the best picture and beach driving weather, I hope it turns out alright.. :D

If it's pissing with rain, there's probably no real point me going for the drive :( , but I'll try.

-p

That website is shite, had a look at that the other day, put my works postcode in and it showed a dark cloud. Walked outside to about 300 degree heat, not a cloud in the sky :mad:

Best to see what it's like on the day :cool:

Looks like the weather is going to be on our side this weekend. :)

Notice how on Monday (after I've spent Saturday making my car shine to show off on Sunday) the weather gets it's revenge for being nice and brings in more thunderstorms. :(

Can those not highlighted green or red just confirm if thet're comming this weekend. That way I wont be on the look-out for you driving past if your not comming! :p Cheers.

Mawby

Jive

Sean doyle

Mark Ayling

Scooter

JohnK

dunk657

RICHARDA

millhouse999

p00t

pulse

This page agrees with you too :) You can pretty much count me in :)

Btw, did you find out if the pub opened at 10am on Sundays? I may be a little late.. if anybody is feeling generous, feel free to pm me your mobile number so I can get in touch if I am and you've moved on :)

-p

I could be late too as i've just this minute sold my 2nd car and need to put a few bob in the bank which doesn't open til 9.30am. Therefore looking like 11 will be the earliest i can get down.

If someone getting there on time could take down my no. 07760 264024 and also let me know if you move on.

Cheers