Performance mods for N/A

SuperSupra

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drool: thats niiiiiiiiice :drool:

is that your engine bay :eek: ?

to be honest I haven't confidence to buy a kit from the states and trust a 'local' garage to install and set-up EVERTHING correctly.

I'd rather buy from a UK based trader who also has the necessary skills to carry out the appropriate work themselves.

Kinda like a one-stop-shop.

I was aware of cheap kits in the US but amendetly dismissed them because of the vat / import.

Also, wouldn't I have to change my NA auto box to either TT manual or auto as the standard box wouldn't be able to handel the conversion? TRUE?

And thats gon'a be expensive :( Another grand I'd expect to buy and fit.

i got told to stay away from a n/a-t kit because it would cost a fortune, and i would be better getting a TT but when you look around and then pay another 4k on top of your n/a and then to convert it to single is about 3k you may aswell go and convert your n/a into a silent sleeper for around 4k and you get more performance than a TT , but i have spent alot on paint work and interior so i dont want to sell my n/a so i know i can do the conversion for under 5k for a fact and thats with a omax ecu and trd twin plate clutch+ all the turbo parts, so thats the way im going, im not going stupid i am just going for 400bhp then i will add my nitrous with progressive controller or yeah im using a t60 turbo and i will be boosting at about 8-10psi i have been told that this can be done.

so fingers crossed

i got told to stay away from a n/a-t kit because it would cost a fortune, and i would be better getting a TT but when you look around and then pay another 4k on top of your n/a and then to convert it to single is about 3k you may aswell go and convert your n/a into a silent sleeper for around 4k and you get more performance than a TT , but i have spent alot on paint work and interior so i dont want to sell my n/a so i know i can do the conversion for under 5k for a fact and thats with a omax ecu and trd twin plate clutch+ all the turbo parts, so thats the way im going, im not going stupid i am just going for 400bhp then i will add my nitrous with progressive controller or yeah im using a t60 turbo and i will be boosting at about 8-10psi i have been told that this can be done.

so fingers crossed

Can I ask how you worked out your figures? Looking at the costs mentioned earler, the kit seems to be costing around £3k without shipping, vat and import duty. You then have fitting, ecu, mapping etc. To keep that to £4k you would have to be buying at way less than £3k - or am I missing something? :conf:

and the finished article.......

http://homepage.mac.com/tsopranomb/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2004-01-13%2019.34.26%20-0800/Image-2C015067464211D8.jpg

Going to sound a bit stupid here, and I haven't read all the thread, but do you have a genuine NA VVTi engine ? Reason I ask is that I haven't seen proper evidence of one outside the US so I'm intrigued and wondered if you'd done any funky transplants etc:) BTW - what year is your NA?

well i am hopeing to go to the 6 speed box but this increase in power will be over a period of time, the price is for a powerhouse racing kit which i can get in this country for £3200 which is a bolt on kit but like i say i will be upgrading a few of the parts and i also have some very good mates who can get hold of certain stuff for me like the omax management system and the clutch. if i talk relistic the hole process is going to cost me 4.5k

i can get certain parts cheaper by buying them seprately such as the manifiold, i was speaking to a guy who can supply a manifold to fit a t60 turbo with a t4 flange for £250 brand new

but i will keep you all informed of my progress but im hopeing that this will be complete by the middle of next year

i have just been reading about a guy in america who has hit the 9 sec barrier with a na-t so if he can do it then so can ( i hope)

the college kids in the US have been putting these together for years now

like most other things we`re 5 years behind in this department.

No doubt a reliable/drivable 450bhp is do-able for under 5K

This particular 1998 NA Auto has ran a 9.98 @ 137

http://homepage.mac.com/tsopranomb/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2004-01-13%2019.34.26%20-0800/Image-2C0189C6464211D8.jpg

(mine?.....i wish!)

PS. `Bromy` off this forum has had this conversion done by Thor, the BL kit i think....

maybe he could give us some impressions as to the difference????

also here is the new `DaveH` inlet manifold for the N/A...

http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/3461/dsc065892ql.jpg

I still struggle with the economics here. Why spend 5k on top of a 5k (minimum) car to have something that isnt as good as you can currently buy for 7-8k? :conf:

Depends how much you like your car, I for example wouldn't be able to get a TT facelift aerotop, so would consider spending the money (if I had it :D)

1uz-fe 4.0 V8

see on http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869

c`mon lads, aren`t we lagging behind over here??:eek: :eek:

Thor are working on just such a project I believe. A 3UZ perhaps.

I always wonder though - no one every seems to have a straight answer - are there any chassis differences between NA and TT? Someone once mentioned the rear subframe for example. Would stuffing a great big engine in the NA chassis give problems?

Oh, and CJ - another good reason to want to upgrade your existing NA is that having put a shit-load of miles on there, it's resale value goes through the floor, yet there's nothing actually wrong with it - that's where I am right now.

but if you spend 5k on a na you can get better performance than what you would get with a standard tt, speaking for myself i want to go single so it would cost me say 5k extra for a good tt then another 3k making it a single for me to get not alot more than what i will get out of a na-t plus i have done a full respray and i have had all the interior done and plus i know all the cars history, and i know i am going on abit but would i find a full jap service history tt with one onwer and also one that has only done 62,000 miles the car has been looked after so much,

but that is why im going na-t