The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra

formatzero

Take one for a test drive.  It's a great car. Most people who don't like it have probably never seen one in real life or ever driven one.

I've only ever seen 3 others on the road in my 2+ years of ownership. I live in the SE and commute around the M25 everyday.

They get loads of attention, which can be a negative if I'm honest.

Getting in and out is an art, especially in restricted areas. I can't imagine it's any worse than other similar sized sports cars.

Cabin in comfortable, packed with tech.

Sound system could be better and it doesn't have android auto - which is a pain.

It's incredibly agile and responsive, especially in sport mode.

You should be able to pick up a car with a good saving over new now.  The 8 speed auto is amazing and I see no benefit to having the manual - it is slower. If you want to control the gears you can pop it into manual mode and use the paddles.

Dealer network support is absolute garbage.  Toyota UK really have done themselves a disservice with this car and after sales support.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)
  • Like 1

One reported issue puts me off the car, every review says you cannot drive with the windows down unless you like a good buffeting. 

The German ZF 8 speed boxes are good, I have one in my range Rover, but they are known to fall apart if not maintained with fresh oil every 50k or so miles. Some OEM's have 50k miles service intervals, others 60k miles or 6 years on the boxes. Some have them as a sealed for life unit. That life will likely be around 80k miles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rider said:

One reported issue puts me off the car, every review says you cannot drive with the windows down unless you like a good buffeting. 

The German ZF 8 speed boxes are good, I have one in my range Rover, but they are known to fall apart if not maintained with fresh oil every 50k or so miles. Some OEM's have 50k miles service intervals, others 60k miles or 6 years on the boxes. Some have them as a sealed for life unit. That life will likely be around 80k miles.

You can buy kits that attach to the area around the base of the wing mirror to eliminate the buffeting problem. Just a case of redirecting the air.

Just do a flush at the reccomended intervals and it'll stand you in good steed...even 50k mile intervals aren't going to roll around too often for cars like these

Edited by Style (see edit history)
  • Like 1

You do get wind buffeting, but it never bothers me as I never drive around with the windows open.  If it's too hot i just put the aircon on, sit back and relax listening to the radio.  

No dust or road noise to bother me.

Alternatively you can just buy the air deflector as mentioned above.

• Like 1

it's a decent car

imo go for the auto over the manual. the manual box has too much interference that it doesn't really feel like you're doing it anyway, its quite computerized. 

• Like 1