The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear wiper or no rear wiper

Suprakeith

Right folks after some advice and opinions please, my supra is going to bodyshop in few weeks, to have few bits done including removing rear window repairing and fitting new seal, once done and car has new boots will be fitting a carbon big rear wing (Whifbitz Carbon GT Wing)

And am unsure about keeping rear wiper or having the rear wiper deleted and smoothed over. i am having the ariel hole blocked off and smoothed, intrested to see what members think as i not 100% on which way to go with rear wiper.

Any pictures or opinions welcome...pic of rear of supra how she is at moment

Supra rear.jpg

18 hours ago, Rob W said:

Couple of photos to give you an idea, everything gone.

4CEF740B-4D48-46AE-A440-173D3EF608DC.jpeg

EA8E3CC2-D936-471A-B0FF-A3E78A02B77F.jpeg

Wow she/s stunning really love the smooth rear end, think you've sold me on removing it and having sweet smooth rear end aswell

18 hours ago, Hamilton said:

The decision was made for me as I bought the car with the rear wiper already deleted, however I do like the clean look of it and have no desire to put the wiper back. Plus the car never goes out in the wet!

F83DE2E9-B84C-4698-82B4-A591BC54C904.jpeg

Love the look of yours aswell without rear wiper and same my car doesn't really get used in rain so won't miss the rear wiper

19 hours ago, raddys said:

Totally down to personal preference but I prefer the wiper and aerial left as they are, but then my supra is stock so just my opinion.

Mine is far from stock these day, my thinking was is everything filled in then last areas water can get into car which is always good thing lol

18 hours ago, Dnk said:

I removed mine but used the blanking piece rather than weld up the hole. 

I use Rain X on the glass and never missed not having a rear wiper 

Haven't got any photos but think it looks better without 

That's good idea with the Rain X on rear window, as never know if will get caught out in a down pour

18 hours ago, Tyson said:

In todays world, would this not be an MOT fail?

No its not part of the MOT at all

18 hours ago, Dnk said:

Not part of the test as far as i can see 

Your right its not part of the test at all, which is a bonus