The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2023 - Reims / Amien 11th to 14th May 2023

Burna

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning Dragonballers!

Less than a month to go now, and I'm just working through converting the routes to satnav files.

You will all have had your email from Eurotunnel with your individual booking reference, you must let me know asap if you didn't receive your email. You will need to fill in online prior to departure yours and your passenger details for security.

Here are some essentials that you will need to help make your Dragonball experience a lot easier 🙂

TomTom satnav, must be one of the newer GO series, so it can accept the custom routes. Alternatively you can use the TomTom phone app (30 day free trial). We have tested the app previously and it does work with the custom routes. 

Walkie-Talkie (With Sub Channels, we are all on Channel 5, Sub Channel 5). Always needed for last minute or on the move changes. Also fun to listen or join in on the abuse lol. Quite a few of us have found a walkie-talkie that we like, good range, and crystal clear, not like the cheap ones that sound like a tin can on a string, and no one can understand a word you are saying all trip. Links below to the one we've found works well:

https://www.onedirect.co.uk/midland/midland-g7l-pro-walkie-talkie?queryID=e1cc0fda70ac196649cc876d6561109a&objectID=98200&indexName=magento2_uk_products

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Midland-Channels-Rechargeable-Batteries-Certified/dp/B09V38NW7N?th=1

2 hours ago, Big Mark said:

My Tom Tom has died. So this is going to be interesting. 

You did tell me it was old, so you've had your moneys worth out of it, so time to buy a new one 🙂 Or you can get the tomtom phone app free for 30 days.

I know we say it every year, but a tomtom is a must for these trips due to the custom routes. It's not worth spending all the money on a eurotrip and then not enjoy all the planning that went into the customs driving routes for the sake of the price of a tomtom.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, wile e coyote said:

don't think mark has a smart phone for the app either lol

But yes if you don't have a stand alone tom tom its worth getting the app for a month

Actually I do. Tho I hate the things, so have a Nokia with buttons stashed away for when I've had enough of these awful things.

• Haha 1