The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone recommend a restorer for the underside

Nash

12 hours ago, Bender said:

How much that cost you? 

You want to budget about 18k, I got the hook up on alot of bits for abit cheaper then normal, spent a touch over 16k myself and got a few bits in the engine done like hoses and rubber parts too whilst it was in.

There were garages that quoted me 10k ish for it but when you look deep into their work and you can see why, corners skipped everywhere. Rusty bolts under parts that "won't be seen" lines that are just painted over etc 

Mine was fully stripped down to every last fixing 

Paul treats a project as if its his own and sent detailed photos every day it was in there, over 200 hours went into it in the end and it now drives like the day it left the factory!

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wile e coyote said:

That looks amazing

Mines being done by retro roadspots (turtlehead on Here)

Bujt Im Going The full Hog

I Have a build thread going also

Damn wile, I knew yours was under the knife but I didn't realise to what extent! It's going to be cleaner then your lc500!

Lovely to see another one getting the full ocd treatment 😀 

Will it be making an appearance on the next burna drive out to Germany? 

Still need to get under mine and clean all the muck off from France.

• Like 1

Yer you can't take them out in the rain once all that works gone into them, although I did get caught out in France, but first and last time hopefully lol.

I originally wanted red underneath but paul said if you're going to drive it and not lock it away then get a proper underseal on it and enjoy it, otherwise body colour will just chip with stones on the road etc, I think there are some clear sealants out there but i believe after time they don't look so good.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:34 PM, raddys said:

Yer you can't take them out in the rain once all that works gone into them, although I did get caught out in France, but first and last time hopefully lol.

I originally wanted red underneath but paul said if you're going to drive it and not lock it away then get a proper underseal on it and enjoy it, otherwise body colour will just chip with stones on the road etc, I think there are some clear sealants out there but i believe after time they don't look so good.

Yep ill be getting advise from Kane and James

• 1 year later...