The mkiv Supra Owners Club

evinX's 1996 Targa top 2JZ-GE R154

evinX

So my latest project has been converting the supra over to manual, the autobox has been giving me grief for the last 2 years and i got tired of it. Plus, who dosent want a manual targa?!

I went for a brand new R154 from a JZX100 Chaser.

A HUGE thanks to Homer who spent alot of time helping me do the conversion, what a bloke! He and his little one came over and it was a real pleasure do to the work with them, i really learnt alot and its been great fun, and thanks to Mike and Keron for helping me along the way to

20211023_152605.jpg

20211023_155911.jpg

20211023_174436.jpg

20211028_145828.jpg

20211028_150324.jpg

20211028_150457.jpg

20211028_151157.jpg

20211028_151213.jpg

20211029_121707.jpg

20211029_134841.jpg

20211031_123134.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, nolizma said:

Great stuff! Awesome supra!

I got to say though.. Lifting the car up on the gravel drive and getting under it seems extra risky.

Thanks mate 😎

Nah, the way Homer placed the ramps in opposite directions, if the car was to fall it would sit on them And not roll off.

Also had 4 axle stands at the rear with a small jack on the diff. And 2 truck axle stands on the front. Was up for a full week like that. I was inside the car to. He really got it in a solid position...2 hours to get her up

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Top effort mate, looks good. Any other plans for it at all?

Cheers mate, a few small jobs to do. Mainly the front crank seal has been weeping so thats 1st on the list. Then valve covers. Just some tidy up really

• Like 2

Late reply but awesome work mate! Your planning was exceptional, the fact you had every last part possibly needed made it so much easier.

It was a lot of fun to do some spanner work after so many years, really enjoyed it and Nico loved it too. He asks every day when we’re next going to yours!

The car drives really well and I’m very impressed with smoothness of the r154 and stock clutch, it’s like driving a new car.

next up…. That single turbo conversion… 😉

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Homer said:

Late reply but awesome work mate! Your planning was exceptional, the fact you had every last part possibly needed made it so much easier.

It was a lot of fun to do some spanner work after so many years, really enjoyed it and Nico loved it too. He asks every day when we’re next going to yours!

The car drives really well and I’m very impressed with smoothness of the r154 and stock clutch, it’s like driving a new car.

next up…. That single turbo conversion… 😉

Was alot to get together, awww Nicos to cute mate, when im doing another day messing around with mine ill let you guys know. I also know someone whos supra needs some jobs doing 😁

After all the work done it really is a new car, vvti gte head conversion is a want. Who knows when 

• Like 2