The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight lenses

bradleyh_15

I don't have my housing back yet from being modified. When they come back I need to modify the steel rings to fit the carbon inserts. Then I may need to modify the carbon  inserts to fit the housings. Now it seems I may have to modify the lenses to fit the modified inserts and housings. Then it'll either all look lovely, or I'll end up throwing the lot in the bin and getting bummed on a set of new ones 😄

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Delboy52 said:

I don't have my housing back yet from being modified. When they come back I need to modify the steel rings to fit the carbon inserts. Then I may need to modify the carbon  inserts to fit the housings. Now it seems I may have to modify the lenses to fit the modified inserts and housings. Then it'll either all look lovely, or I'll end up throwing the lot in the bin and getting bummed on a set of new ones 😄

That sounds so much fun 😂

9 hours ago, Delboy52 said:

Sounds like you are having fun 🤦🏻‍♂️ I have lenses but need to give them a proper refurb but don’t have the time at the moment 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hardly anyone does headlight refurbishment anymore 😢

7 hours ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Sounds like you are having fun 🤦🏻‍♂️ I have lenses but need to give them a proper refurb but don’t have the time at the moment 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hardly anyone does headlight refurbishment anymore 😢

Because its a ball ache. I'm still doing the odd one. My painter is the main issue. He takes fking ages.

I'm going to offer a few last refurbs. Got a few more sets of rings to sell before tooling gets handed to their new owner so thought I'd offer a refurb at the same time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Noz said:

Because its a ball ache. I'm still doing the odd one. My painter is the main issue. He takes fking ages.

I'm going to offer a few last refurbs. Got a few more sets of rings to sell before tooling gets handed to their new owner so thought I'd offer a refurb at the same time. 

I mean I’m all over getting you to refurb mine 👌🏼 Got some rings off you on the group buy and been sat waiting to be used 😅

4 hours ago, bradleyh_15 said:

I mean I’m all over getting you to refurb mine 👌🏼 Got some rings off you on the group buy and been sat waiting to be used 😅

Ah cool. Well. I'm adding a vent in the back now too to help fogging.

I might starting painting them myself again now weather is warmer.

Bit difficult doing matt when it's cold, can cause paint to go milky.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, Delboy52 said:

When my housings come back I'll update this thread regarding the fitment. These are the facelift version of Nengun's replacement Behrman headlight lens.

https://www.nengun.com/behrman/headlight-repair-lens-kit-jza80-supra

image.png.974c55a6ee93693cc88b354c729026e6.png

If you send me one I can test fit it for you, I currently have 10 open sets of facelift lights and 15 oem sets that are still sealed.

Thanks for the offer, but I’d prefer to test fit them to the housings they’ll be eventually bonded to.

My housings are with Harry at the moment having some upgrades fitted. He’s had them for a while so I’m hoping he’ll get around to them soon amongst the other orders he has in the last headlight group buy.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:08 PM, Delboy52 said:

Thanks for the offer, but I’d prefer to test fit them to the housings they’ll be eventually bonded to.

My housings are with Harry at the moment having some upgrades fitted. He’s had them for a while so I’m hoping he’ll get around to them soon amongst the other orders he has in the last headlight group buy.

I am Harry mate 🤣 Yours are going on the bench this friday bbut I'm away to Turkey until the 24th so will post them upon return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/13/2022 at 10:22 AM, Delboy52 said:

Hi Harry 😅 Yes, I only knew mine where in the queue. Great to hear they are getting seen to soon. Feels like I have some fitting challenges to deal with when they are back but it’s all the fun right? 😉 Have a nice time in Turkey mate!

Thanks mate and yeah, we only learn from mistakes 🙌

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, Delboy52 said:

When my housings come back I'll update this thread regarding the fitment. These are the facelift version of Nengun's replacement Behrman headlight lens.

image.png.974c55a6ee93693cc88b354c729026e6.png

I’ve reassembled my headlights and found these new lenses fit perfectly into the housings.

The new lens on the left side by side with the old lens on the right I could see no difference. They have every notch and screw hole that the OE lenses have.

5A9FA2F1-7779-4E19-9BCF-FD16B6C24358.jpeg

On 4/2/2022 at 10:54 PM, bradleyh_15 said:

Has anyone tried these?

Before anyone says “just buy new” I have carbon inserts to go in a set so don’t want to get a new set just to split them. I also know that the carbon inserts aren’t to everyone’s taste. 

I’ve used carbon inserts from Whifbitz in mine recently and they needed a little bit of edge shaving to fit into the lenses. I also had Harry’s projector mod done for the high and low beams and the inserts needed modifying to fit those. I also have Noz’s headlight steel rings and they needed modding to fit the carbon inserts! 😅 But I got it all put together eventually.

4D58508D-0C78-475B-A6BB-298E36819E86.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delboy52 said:

I’ve used carbon inserts from Whifbitz in mine recently and they needed a little bit of edge shaving to fit into the lenses. I also had Harry’s projector mod done for the high and low beams and the inserts needed modifying to fit those. I also have Noz’s headlight steel rings and they needed modding to fit the carbon inserts! 😅 But I got it all put together eventually.

4D58508D-0C78-475B-A6BB-298E36819E86.jpeg

Thanks for getting back to me mate that’s much appreciated and they look good 👌🏼

• Like 1