My Lexus RC-F

ben_harmer32

1 hour ago, wile e coyote said:

Like the splitters kit

do they do anything for the LC 

have found the toms carbon ones but they are expensive, but probably worth it

They do:

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=lexus lc

Depends what you want for the car though.

Maxton ones look a bit cheap when I unwrapped them, but I was very happy with the fitment and the way they look once on. Plus they have flex and cheapish to replace should the worse happen. 

I couldn't justify £1600 on a carbon front splitter that I might break in a few weeks on a speed bump 🤣

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ben_harmer32 said:

They do:

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=lexus lc

Depends what you want for the car though.

Maxton ones look a bit cheap when I unwrapped them, but I was very happy with the fitment and the way they look once on. Plus they have flex and cheapish to replace should the worse happen. 

I couldn't justify £1600 on a carbon front splitter that I might break in a few weeks on a speed bump 🤣

Yeh I need to get more use to it before adding a splitter

thanks for the link

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Noz said:

Looks nice mate.

Does that version have much difference in the engine vs the older model?

Do you mean compared to the ISF? 

Found this online:

You’ll find the same cast-aluminum block that’s now doing business in the IS-F, but everything else about this DOHC 5.0-liter V-8 engine has been revised. Lightweight titanium valves are again matched with strong, forged connecting rods, but there are new cylinder heads that still incorporate variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust cams. The polished crankshaft is smaller in diameter to reduce friction, while the pistons reduce friction as well. Naturally the intake manifold and exhaust headers are new, and the exhaust barks with a sharper, louder note. This engine spins faster than before to deliver 471bhp.

I also know it has a better ECU map. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am so happy with the car. It is everything I wanted. Only one little downside I've found is when in normal auto mode there is slight delay in shifting down gears when overtaking. But this is eliminated by sports+ or using the paddles. 

Fitted a Jap style front plate on Friday which I think makes the front look better. Would still prefer no plate, may buy a flip out one as have some space under the front lip. 

1441008283_PXL_20220430_1653109432.jpg.60711ed4434b25d87d9e77b026f9c557.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, nolizma said:

Got to say that I was never a big fan of the RC front end but it looks really good de-chromed!

I think I prefer the L badge, but it's your car of course!

Enjoy! 🙂

It was to 'Chrome'. I wanted the darker look more than anything. 🙂