The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini feature / review of my car on BOTB - thought i'd share

Project Blitz

15 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Nice but dare I ask what happened to the Blitz Supra?

Still own the blitz, in secure storage, she was at Go Japan last year and due to attend this year but I wasn't well

I was also max power in the blitz a month or so ago

Edited by Project Blitz (see edit history)
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Project Blitz said:

Still own the blitz, in secure storage, she was at Go Japan last year and due to attend this year but I wasn't well

I was also max power in the blitz a month or so ago

Lovely photos, nice to see her out and about. Do most people who admire the car at shows know what it is or are they chatting because Supra?

2 hours ago, Project Blitz said:

unfortunately not many know the history and think it's just a stickered supra ! 

some look at the time and say, that's not very fast! 

they don't know, it was full lap record in 1997!

trying to get her recognised again but I dont really know many 'media' type people

We like fast cars but don’t know the Blitz Supra 😂 I shouldn’t laugh but FFS. I’d like to see how many of the moaners re the time around the Nurburgring could do it in under 8 mins today. Let alone back in 97!

If you want exposure, try Carwow. That Matt fella has featured a few forum cars on his YouTube channel.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/contact-us#gref

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Frank Bullitt said:

We like fast cars but don’t know the Blitz Supra 😂 I shouldn’t laugh but FFS. I’d like to see how many of the moaners re the time around the Nurburgring could do it in under 8 mins today. Let alone back in 97!

If you want exposure, try Carwow. That Matt fella has featured a few forum cars on his YouTube channel.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/contact-us#gref

I had that option but those guys dont really tell the story and instead just drag or race the car vs others - i didnt like the idea of that tbh

going to see if I can find someone else

27 minutes ago, Noz said:

Why do stickers look different on video vs car?

They had two cars - one, the one in the video unfortunately they crashed and had to be trailered away - they then used mine to break the record and use Racelogic to tame it.

it was then used as their promo car in Europe.

The video, like most films, has some smoke and mirrors - it was the second car that did the record but they already had film from the first so they used that.

either way they took the record off the Porsche Gemballa

here's a short read - it can be translated via google https://www.blitz.co.jp/about/blitz/his_753supra.html

for the eagle eyed - i changed the lights to 'modernise it' back in like 2011 so will put the pre-facelift lights back on sometime soon

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I'd get a stand with "1997 Nurburgring record holder" on it and a cheap tablet with this running on loop! 

you're right I do need to make up a stand of some sort - the people who do remember it give you the best reception though cos they are pleased to see it on the road.

@Noz  http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/mpower1.htm

some of the story here - some of these pics were used for their catalogue - which i have at home (has Blitz EBC, gauges, Nur Spec exhaust etc etc)

9 minutes ago, Project Blitz said:

I had that option but those guys dont really tell the story and instead just drag or race the car vs others - i didnt like the idea of that tbh

going to see if I can find someone else

They do car features though, weren’t they interested in doing one for the Blitz? Maybe a classic car page, they might be interested as it isn’t you usual.

15 minutes ago, Project Blitz said:

you're right I do need to make up a stand of some sort - the people who do remember it give you the best reception though cos they are pleased to see it on the road.

@Noz  http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/mpower1.htm

some of the story here - some of these pics were used for their catalogue - which i have at home (has Blitz EBC, gauges, Nur Spec exhaust etc etc)

"The traffic towards Soho's centre clams up like, well, a prositude's clam when faced with a skint punter" 🤣

Fab read cheers for that.

• Haha 1

Car reviewers now and just acting and some of them don't even know what parts of the engines do. 

I don't find those interesting.

I'd get a mag spread. And attend some shows with as mentioned, a video of the event and some A3 boards up explaining the car.

YouTubers mostly drive sub 500hp cars and act like they're 7 years old in a formula one race car, in every single car.