The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 series 2 RZ manual

Cannon

41 minutes ago, Cannon said:

The series 2 is 7.5 times rarer than the series 1. 745 and 5555. If a manual rz series 1's are going for 100-150k, then what would a series 2 RZ manual be worth? Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hey Cannon. By "series 2" do you mean >97 facelift?

I guess you're quoting USD prices - a very different market here in the UK.

We haven't gone that crazy on prices just yet!

I don't think there is much of a difference in price here unless you have super low miles or a very late model (2000-2002).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

By series 2 I mean April 97 onwards with vvti engine and v161, gearbox. I guess it mainly applies to here in Australia maybe. 

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

And all series 2 had Vin no. Starting with 100xxxxxx.

Series 2 and Facelift are the same thing 🙂 just called something different here in the UK.  The were sold in a variety or trim levels though not just VVTI manuals, all Series 2 cars were imports here in the UK as well, no domestic sales.

Ah I see.

100,000 Aussie Dollars = approx £52k

I understand with the proximity to Japan you guys are more closely linked price with to their market?

I've not really seen too much difference in price between VVTi and non VVTi. I'm not sure if the market is to aware of the differences or if it matters to many people?

• Like 1

Not a huge difference in price here for a VVTi V161 6 speed RZ/RZ-S compared with the pre-VVTi V160 6 speed RZ/RZ-S at the moment, but based on rarity it would certainly be nice if the prices shoot up.

(The above statement is definitely not swayed by the fact I have a VVTi V161 RZ... 😂)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

The series 2 is 7.5 times rarer than the series 1. 745 and 5555. If a manual rz series 1's are going for 100-150k, then what would a series 2 RZ manual be worth? Any ideas?

I'd be interested to know how much rarer a facelift (Series 2) is with the non-VVTi engine and V160 gearbox, like mine.  Any ideas?  They were produced globally for a much shorter period than pre-facelift (Series 1) and facelift (Series 2) cars.

• Like 2

So if I've got this correct (figures from Link).  This is global production and not regional.

Global production was 45,230.

Pre-facelift (05/1993 to 05/1996) saw 34,965 produced.

Facelift (V160, non-VVTI engine) (06/1996 to 08/1997) saw 5,216 produced.

Facelift (V161 and VVTI engine) (09/1997 to 07/2002) saw 5,049 produced.

Lowest production month was April 1997 where only one car was produced.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

So if I've got this correct (figures from Link).  This is global production and not regional.

Global production was 45,230.

Pre-facelift (05/1993 to 05/1996) saw 34,965 produced.

Facelift (V160, non-VVTI engine) (06/1996 to 08/1997) saw 5,216 produced.

Facelift (V161 and VVTI engine) (09/1997 to 07/2002) saw 5,049 produced.

Lowest production month was April 1997 where only one car was produced.

My TT6 (0039956) is the same as yours; a facelift non-VVTi. I had no idea there were more 'switchover' facelifts made than VVTI TT6's, interesting! It was a middle of March 1997 build. My NA (0034313) on the other hand is a very late January 1996 build so it has the black carpet and headliner, but everything else is non-facelift.

• Like 1

I'm only talking about Japanese manual RZ's though. I understand that total production is 45k, but manual RZ's RHD were only 6300 odd and these are the most desirable. Then the series 2 with vvti as FB20/Recaro interior code. They are super rare so I'm just wondering what they're worth? I've had auctions guys all over the world look into it and there is absolutely no record anywhere on Google of a series 2 manual supra with fb20 ever being sold... There's just none. 

Here's the link for all the supras ever made. You can filter all results to find anything you like.

https://thesupraregistry.com/registry

Edited by Cannon
Added information (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

I'm only talking about Japanese manual RZ's though. I understand that total production is 45k, but manual RZ's RHD were only 6300 odd and these are the most desirable. Then the series 2 with vvti as FB20/Recaro interior code. They are super rare so I'm just wondering what they're worth? I've had auctions guys all over the world look into it and there is absolutely no record anywhere on Google of a series 2 manual supra with fb20 ever being sold... There's just none. 

Here's the link for all the supras ever made. You can filter all results to find anything you like.

https://thesupraregistry.com/registry

The supra registry is not 100% accurate however it is a good indicator.