The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Set of staggered 17" Supra alloy wheels

1JZGTE

Hello folks, any idea what a set of genuine 17" staggered Supra rims is worth these days? They are in good condition with 4 x plastic centre caps painted to match and the rims were powder coated matt black by Ibrar at Speedwells some time ago. 

🤔 

Prices for these vary hugely depending on condition. Pictures of any damage would be helpful and I assume these don't come with tyres?

Recent sale threads would suggest that a mint set of wheels with centre caps (no tyres) are being advertised at £800+

The pre-facelift wheels are worth a lot more than the facelift wheels. In a non stock colour it'd need someone to want that colour to not detract from the price. In the USA people are now asking up to $2k for pre-facelift OEM wheels. Here you wouldn't want to part for less than £1k as they will add up to £2k to a stock cars value over an otherwise stock car on non stock wheels. Also reflected in the prices is the knowledge that once parted you'll find it very hard to be reunited.

6 hours ago, rider said:

The pre-facelift wheels are worth a lot more than the facelift wheels. In a non stock colour it'd need someone to want that colour to not detract from the price. In the USA people are now asking up to $2k for pre-facelift OEM wheels. Here you wouldn't want to part for less than £1k as they will add up to £2k to a stock cars value over an otherwise stock car on non stock wheels. Also reflected in the prices is the knowledge that once parted you'll find it very hard to be reunited.

I tried selling a set of refinished wheels for a grand, got laughed and and zero interest

Just now, Swampy442 said:

I tried selling a set of refinished wheels for a grand, got laughed and and zero interest

One day you'll be able to write, they aren't laughing now.

Price is always what someone is prepared to pay and what the other person is prepared to take. If you aren't fussed about selling to someone who really wants those wheels they are £1,000 all day long. If you are desperate to sell to someone who isn't fussed about buying they are £350 wheels.

7 hours ago, rider said:

I thought the facelift were more sought after as had extra reinforcement near bolt holes? Or is it the center caps being smooth on the pre-facelift that makes them more sought after?

Edited by jim_supra (see edit history)

I actually think the pre-facelift wheels look better than the facelift ones but I'd expect the reason behind the price differential in favour of pre-facelift wheels is that 80% of the A80 Supra production was pre-facelift making the demand naturally 4 times higher for those seeking the stock look.

Thanks guys. The reason I ask is that I plan to sell my Soarer in the coming months and wonder whether to sell as is, with the 17" staggered rims or whether to put the standards wheels back on it. Car is low mileage, I am the only UK owner, since import in 2008. It looks and handles far better with the Supra rims if I'm honest. If I put the standard Soarer rims back on, I will need to budget for tyres and anything half decent will be about £300 at least, so unless they are selling for big money, then probably might not be worth taking them off...asking price and selling price are often two different things.

Do I have the pre or post-facelift wheels?

wheel.jpg

8 hours ago, blythmrk said:

They are pre facelift alloys the facelift ones don’t have the bracing👍

Good to know. Also impressed by your ability to ID from what isn't the best image in terms of lighting.

Oh and I do have the centre caps, they are tucked away, also painted matt black to match. 🙂

• Like 1