The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM JZA80 Hood Scoop Parts - New, Used, Reproduction?

shifted

38 minutes ago, Silber Supra 97 said:

The diverter plate yes number 76182 in the attached picture, also 76187 4 each holders for the bulge/scoop itself

EU hood.png

Awesome, is it possible to get in touch with the guy? Would like to look at ordering. Thank you.

32 minutes ago, Burna said:

Yep I agree with you, all these years the duct has always had to be modified to fit the TRD strut brace, I'm not willing to cut mine 😕

I took a good look at my original duct, and have decided against modelling it and printing a replacement. It's a huge piece, which I could get done, but the limited market just wouldn't make it worth it to me for what I'd want to sell them for.

Would it be possible ot entice you in some way to share the 3D model for it? I'm looking to fit a hood scoop to my RZ, so it would be useful to then play around with the model itself and see how it needs to be modified over the TRD brace (as I too, have that fitted). 

Edited by shifted (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, shifted said:

Awesome, is it possible to get in touch with the guy? Would like to look at ordering. Thank you.

Would it be possible ot entice you in some way to share the 3D model for it? I'm looking to fit a hood scoop to my RZ, so it would be useful to then play around with the model itself and see how it needs to be modified over the TRD brace (as I too, have that fitted). 

I will reach out to him.  

1 hour ago, shifted said:

I haven't even attempted to model it mate. With the temperature under there a 3D printed part isn't going to take those sorts of temps. Also where the TRD strut bar fits there's not going to be much left of the duct tbh.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Silber Supra 97 said:

I will reach out to him.  

Cheers!

19 hours ago, Burna said:

I haven't even attempted to model it mate. With the temperature under there a 3D printed part isn't going to take those sorts of temps. Also where the TRD strut bar fits there's not going to be much left of the duct tbh.

I haven't seen the clash myself, what I was hoping might be possible is to amend a 3D model to see what adjustment needs to be made and see if a new version could be prototyped. My OCD just likes things complete. 🤣

I presume there's no issue in running a scoop without the duct.

Edited by shifted (see edit history)

3 hours ago, shifted said:

Cheers!

I haven't seen the clash myself, what I was hoping might be possible is to amend a 3D model to see what adjustment needs to be made and see if a new version could be prototyped. My OCD just likes things complete. 🤣

I presume there's no issue in running a scoop without the duct.

I think your OCD is going to have to live with this one I'm afraid mate, as it cuts right through the duct near the front.

I can't see an issue with running without the duct, it just wont look the neatest with the bonnet fire blanket in place I guess.

• 3 weeks later...