The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay sale of item , advice needed

Danhook97

Hi guys, wasnt quite sure where to post this but i guess you have all seen my trd steering wheel i had up for sale not too long ago?. Well someone has purchased it via ebay. However, their payment has been put on hold, ive also noticed the paypal account name does not match the name on the delivery address. Im a little cautious as i see alot of people have been getting scammed recently. Any help/info would be much appreciated

97CDC24E-46C0-44FE-8F83-1843AE680FA1.jpeg

I've not seen anything like that myself, I'd be worried as well if it was me.

Maybe worth trying to contact eBay or PayPal by phone to find out what's going on before posting the item?

eBay: 0345 355 3229

PayPal: 0800 358 7911

I'm not sure what there call centers will be like with the current situation but worth a try.

This is common if you dont sell often on ebay.

Payment holds for new sellers

If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we might put payments from your buyers on hold. Generally, the funds will be available either:

21 days after the buyer pays, or

6 days after the estimated delivery date (if no was tracking provided but the item was marked as dispatched), or

1 day after confirmed delivery

If no tracking is used, we'll check for positive feedback after 3 days (to allow sufficient time for the item to be delivered). If positive feedback has been received, you'll receive the funds within 24 hours. Note: This check is only carried out if no tracking is uploaded. Best practice is to upload tracking so you can receive the funds 1 day after confirmed delivery

If the buyer reports a problem with the transaction, we'll place another hold until the issue has been resolved.

You'll become an established seller after:

It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale

You've had more than 25 transactions and £165 in sales

Thankyou for all the advice everyone! I will contact ebay or paypal about it also just to check its legit , i guess your right i would be classed as a new seller so fingers crossed thats the reason why. But as for the 12x£50 , would that because he has maybe paypal financed it?

Thankyou for all the advice everyone! I will contact ebay or paypal about it also just to check its legit , i guess your right i would be classed as a new seller so fingers crossed thats the reason why. But as for the 12x£50 , would that because he has maybe paypal financed it?

My guess would be that, but easy to check with PayPal.

Always take pics of it before packaging, and packaged

I've sold many things where I never go the money until it was delivered or confirmed etc. Its just PayPals policy.

You always have seller protection etc.

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldn't send if address doesn't match if there's a problem aren't you screwed ?

I'd want Bank transfer before i sent this

Yes mate thats what caused my suspicions, especially when you see the payment at the top of monthly payments, i just cancelled the order and paypal refunded him his loan, so i will relist the item