The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stroker kits

Mo Reviews

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also considered going 3.4 and nitrous but the thing is, they both have the effect of generating arguably too much low down torque. When that happens, the car becomes almost un-drivable on road tyres (these cars are RWD after all), especially when you throw VVTI in to the mix, as in my case, then it would become even more of a death trap...

I'd love special drag tyres for when I want to use the nitrous lol

That’s my plan for when she’s at full power, my nitrous system can flow up to 450 shot but doubt would ever go higher then 200 shot

I think 450 for spool wouldn't be good for the cut off. Youd almost feel the drop. Unless you ramped it down during boost.

Not sure. Would be good to test the various ranges to see what performed the best.

I think 450 for spool wouldn't be good for the cut off. Youd almost feel the drop. Unless you ramped it down during boost.

Not sure. Would be good to test the various ranges to see what performed the best.

Lol I wouldn’t use 450 shot for spool, I had my nitrous system built before decided to build engine to spec have.

Originally I wanted to do nitrous build with throttle body’s.

Plan now is use 25-50 to shot spool turbo and then have nitrous shot coming in stages depending on gear and revs.

Holy $#@! 87mm! That's incredible. So so cool.

What would you do with that setup?,

My dream has always been a decent 1000whp setup. I mean wtf hell else would you do lol not like you're low on power anyway.

That kit + VVTi ... that would be perfect

Just coming back to this. Is the general consensus that going stroker is more hassle and cost than it’s worth?

I’m almost ready to build my bottom end and was tempted to add a stroker crank to the list, as it seemed like only one more part required and I would have a 3.4l, which would be cool. But then you guys mention reliability which I never considered. Do they break a lot then?

I have a long list of parts and machining etc already, and was looking at adding something like the whifbitz crankshaft to the build. As it’s coming in at under £2k the price didn’t seem too scary. But I don’t want something that will be less reliable.

Also I’m building it for low spool too, so have a cnc ported head and pt 6870 with a small ar, but gave built the head for more revs, like 8000+. Would the stroker make the higher revs harder to achieve?

/QUOTE]

I've seen a couple of stroker kits where the bottom of the cyliner needs a notch machined into it so that the rod doesn't foul on it. So there's a small machining cost to add to that as well. Not sure if they are any different, but do strokers not normally come with pistons and rods too? Whether or not they are any different to a 3.0l set I have no idea.

If you check out SRD's social media as well, they've just had a 3.4 VVTi Supra with a 6870 on the dyno and they've said it's easily the most impressive setup they've had on a Supra so far. Looks to make a hell of a lot of torque down low from the graph that was posted