The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Everything that is wrong with academia

MaveriK

Its just a shame that wasnt what was said was it, so no, the female of the species is more deadly than the male. ;)

Well it actually was... Perhaps the right is only slightly selective of hearing ;). But of course he was only 'addressing the press and being sarcastic' :rolleyes:.

Contrarily, as a brexiteer myself, I have recently started to question the wisdom of that decision, although the coincidence of the matter is acknowledged and cannot be ignored, we are where we are and need to simply get on with it. Equally, our second priority status to any vaccine developments in Europe, the shortage of PPE and NHS staff and the shortage of manual labourers for our farms, also cannot be ignored.

The word disinfectant was clumsy at best but he was talking to a doctor about testing, he did say to the screen "hey people, go and do it" :blink:

I didn't say he suggested it to the public. I simply stated that he suggested it (publicly), without stipulating the audience of that suggestion. Unfortunately, as the president of the USA, some people take what he says as gospel. Cue the Hydroxychloroquine situation following his suggestion in that regard. He is man who has time and time again proved that he does not learn from his catastrophic mistakes.

Still better than the far right's suggestion of injecting oneself with disinfectant... :rlol:

They did? Must have missed that ;)

People need to remember there is no such thing as a good politician, just good ideas and good ways to implement these ideas. There is good and bad in all but writing someone off completely due to their political leaning, except for Corbin doesn’t do anyone any favours.

:rlol: Ffs dude, watch the 11 min video I posted above.

The media has edited his complete conference to show it this way, they are letting their bias get in the way of truthful reporting. Doesn’t get caught in the “it’s cool to hate Trump” camp :thumbs:

I totally understand your point. I am not simply 'hating' on Trump - he's done nothing to me or my loved ones so I have no real agenda to do so. Having said that, the point I'm trying to make is; he does not appear to fully comprehend the authority of his position in making these repeated reckless statements on live TV.

People have died as a result of his statements, that is a fact.

I totally understand your point. I am not simply 'hating' on Trump - he's done nothing to me or my loved ones so I have no real agenda to do so. Having said that, the point I'm trying to make is; he does not appear to fully comprehend the authority of his position in making these repeated reckless statements on live TV.

People have died as a result of his statements, that is a fact.

I’m not saying you are but by reposting the videos that have been edited together from an hours conference to misrepresent due to apposing political views just adds more fuel to the fire and further spreads the misinformation.

It’s hard to see what impact Trump will have on any of our lives, I would hope very little to none in all honesty as he isn’t English. It’s the same reason I wanted out of Europe.

What can’t be denied is that he is an American, in fact the first American president who hasn’t allowed himself to be controlled by unseen puppets unlike Obama and the Clintons. He has put America first, above everything else. Something I feel every country should do. Once your own house is in order, then you can look to help others.

He doesn’t seem to understand what power or impact his words have to those who hang on every word that falls from his mouth but if people are prepared to blindly follow any politician without doing their own research then is he really to blame? That verges on ending free speech. Something I am not a fan of.

How have people died from his statements? That is a very strong claim. If that is a fact I would expect it to be common knowledge.

PS

Have you watched that video yet?

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

I’m not saying you are but by reposting the videos that have been edited together from an hours conference to misrepresent due to apposing political views just adds more fuel to the fire and further spreads the misinformation.

It’s hard to see what impact Trump will have on any of our lives, I would hope very little to none in all honesty as he isn’t English. It’s the same reason I wanted out of Europe.

What can’t be denied is that he is an American, in fact the first American president who hasn’t allowed himself to be controlled by unseen puppets unlike Obama and the Clintons. He has put America first, above everything else. Something I feel every country should do. Once your own house is in order, then you can look to help others.

He doesn’t seem to understand what power or impact his words have to those who hang on every word that falls from his mouth but if people are prepared to blindly follow any politician without doing their own research then is he really to blame? That verges on ending free speech. Something I am not a fan of.

How have people died from his statements? That is a very strong claim. If that is a fact I would expect it to be common knowledge.

PS

Have you watched that video yet?

I have indeed watched the video you posted; thank you for that, it was very informative.

As previously stated and with the view to look beyond the manipulated videos, I still consider some of the statements he has made, specifically, regarding disinfectants and Hydroxychloroquine to be entirely reckless. Whether or not they came from a good place is another matter altogether. The fact of the matter is, like there are highly educated individuals who tune in to his press conferences, there will be people on the complete other end of the spectrum. People that will do as he suggests (or hypothesises) because they perhaps think he has divine knowledge! In making his statements, those people and their limited understanding should also be considered. I do not consider this a fundamental breach of his freedom of speech. Something, I'm also not a fan of.

I agree, he is somewhat more resistant to the influence of other organisations, though in place of that, he perhaps makes decisions to benefit his vast business portfolio. Something he has been criticised for throughout his tenure as president.

As for the people who have died as a consequence of his reckless statements, have a look at the following:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/fda-issues-warnings-on-chloroquine-and-hydroxychloroquine-after-serious-poisoning-and-death-reported.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coronavirus-updates-china-reports-covid-19-deaths-9th/story?id=70324535

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200324/man-dies-after-taking-chloroquine-for-coronavirus

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2020/03/23/man-dead-from-taking-chloroquine-after-trump-touts-drug-for-coronavirus/

I have indeed watched the video you posted; thank you for that, it was very informative.

Not so much informative as pretty worrying. Especially if this sort of editing to completely twist and retell a story is considered acceptable and in the public interest by one on the worlds largest news agencies. This is something that needs a serious look at by the press complaints commission as it’s propaganda Goebbels would have been proud of.

As previously stated and with the view to look beyond the manipulated videos, I still consider some of the statements he has made, specifically, regarding disinfectants and Hydroxychloroquine to be entirely reckless. Whether or not they came from a good place is another matter altogether. The fact of the matter is, like there are highly educated individuals who tune in to his press conferences, there will be people on the complete other end of the spectrum. People that will do as he suggests (or hypothesises) because they perhaps think he has divine knowledge! In making his statements, those people and their limited understanding should also be considered. I do not consider this a fundamental breach of his freedom of speech. Something, I'm also not a fan of.

It isn’t just Trump that mentioned it’s potential use and the fact it’s a drug that is used worldwide I find it hard to apportion blame solely to him. He can’t be responsible for the idiots out there who choose to self medicate due to the media’s scaremonger tactics. Now if it could be proven that one of the hydroxychloroquine manufacturers had approached him behind the scenes and offered him a back hander for the recommendation that would be a different story.

I agree, he is somewhat more resistant to the influence of other organisations, though in place of that, he perhaps makes decisions to benefit his vast business portfolio. Something he has been criticised for throughout his tenure as president.

If there is any truth behind this feathering of his nest, he isn’t alone. Take the Clinton’s then Obama the list goes on and involves many so why pick on him. If he was alone in this and every other President before him was squeaky clean then I could understand this constant need to make him look bad but the truth of the matter he isn’t. The only people looking to persecute him are those with a left and liberal leaning bias.

ABC/CNBC are known to have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilises loaded words to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes to favor liberal causes. Their sources are generally trustworthy for information but they most definitely require further investigation.

Regarding the Forbes article;

“We were afraid of getting sick,” she told NBC News. The woman, age 61, and her husband, 68, were healthy and had no underlying conditions, but they were worried about catching the virus. She had recognized the name “chloroquine” when she heard Trump say it because she had used it to treat her Koi fish.

They each mixed 1 teaspoon of the chloroquine phosphate with soda. Within 20 minutes, the woman began vomiting and her husband had trouble breathing. The woman called paramedics, and the couple were admitted to a Banner Health hospital.

If people choose to self medicate with no training or understanding of the potential consequences there is very little that can be done to fix stupid. Taking this to the extreme, if he had said jumping off a cliff was also a cure would it be his fault if people tried it? Considering most people label Trump supporters as thick racists I don’t see what the problem is.

Going back to the main topic, can someone please explain to me; what business does Dominic Cummings have in attending the government's Sage meetings?

Having not looked too much into this yet, as Chief Adviser being sat there in a supposed listening capacity I can’t see that he won’t be taking notes then going back to Borris to advise of his findings.

But that is just on the face of it, more delving is needed to come up with a decent idea of what is going on and why.

Having not looked too much into this yet, as Chief Adviser being sat there in a supposed listening capacity I can’t see that he won’t be taking notes then going back to Borris to advise of his findings.

But that is just on the face of it, more delving is needed to come up with a decent idea of what is going on and why.

From what i have heard, the problem is; he's not just listening, I wouldn't have a problem if he was just listening. However, if he is actively contributing to the decision making, I do not see what qualifies him to do so, as a History graduate. The government's scientific advisory committee was set up because we were to be led by the science, so why don't we just have the scientists contribute? Why is it so secretive to the extent that we, the public, have not been informed of the identity of the entire committee attendees, only getting information from attendees who voluntarily admit to being a part of the committee. This anonymity is highly unusual for these types of committees.