The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diets

Dnk

Seeing as i don't eat anything like a perfectly balanced diet and rather than buy expensive health drinks

I've just created my own.

This can only help especially with Vitamin C which is very good for the immune system so i'm reading

3 fresh Oranges, 1 average size shoot of Broccoli, 1 piece of fresh Ginger root, 1 good handful of Spinach

Blended it all to as fine a mix as my blender will do and topped off with water, made approx 2 litres

Actually tastes quite nice

I read this earlier

Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all. In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick. Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, strawberries, bell peppers, spinach, kale and broccoli. Daily intake of vitamin C is essential for good health because your body doesn’t produce or store it. The good news is that vitamin C is in so many foods that most people don’t need to take a vitamin C supplement unless a doctor advises it.

Vitamin B6 is vital to supporting biochemical reactions in the immune system. Vitamin B6-rich foods include chicken and cold water fish such as salmon and tuna. Vitamin B6 also is found in green vegetables and in chickpeas, which is the main ingredient in hummus.

Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps the body fight off infection. Foods rich in vitamin E include nuts, seeds and spinach.

Depends what you are looking to achieve from the juice mate.

Protein boost, detox/cleanse, metabolism boost, anti oxidants?

I’ve been doing coaching online for about 10yrs now.

Mainly focused in fitness/bodybuilding to powerlifters.

If you need a recipe let me know what for I’ll help you out

Depends what you are looking to achieve from the juice mate.

Protein boost, detox/cleanse, metabolism boost, anti oxidants?

I’ve been doing coaching online for about 10yrs now.

Mainly focused in fitness/bodybuilding to powerlifters.

If you need a recipe let me know what for I’ll help you out

Just looking to boost my intake of useful vitamins and these seem like a good easy place to start, 20 mins with

the blender and i've got several days of a healthy tasty drink

I dont go training or lifting weights :)

Ok so here are some options I give out to clients then building a plan mate. Use it to your advantage bud.

One mango provides 5 grams of fiber, as well as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and huge doses of vitamins A and C.

One pomegranate with seeds provides lots of potassium, magnesium, fiber, and vitamins B-1, B-2, B-6, C, E, and K.

Guava is high in fiber, niacin, and vitamins A, B-3, B-6, C, and K. Guava is also rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.

One cup of raspberries also provides 8 grams of dietary fiber. High in vitamin c and k.

Oranges are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, and minerals such as potassium and calcium. They're also high in soluble and insoluble fiber.

One sliced avocado contains 10 grams of dietary fiber, 42 percent of your daily value of vitamin B-5, and 35 percent of your daily value of vitamin K. Avocado also provides big doses of vitamin C and potassium.

Kale is also a great source of manganese, copper, fiber, calcium, potassium, and vitamin B-6, and even contains some omega-3 fatty acid. rich in vitamins A and C. It also has tons of vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin that allows proteins to bond to calcium ions.

Brussel sprouts are also rich in vitamins K, C, and B-6, and minerals like manganese, folate, and copper. Brussels sprouts also contain omega-3 fatty acids.

One cup of chopped broccoli, you'll get more vitamin K and C than you need in a day and lots of other awesome minerals like potassium, calcium, and selenium. Broccoli is also full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.

There are so many options mate, I could bore you all day. Going into calories, fats, carbs, proteins.

Bell peppers, artichokes, spinach, etc etc.

Or save the effort and take Vitamins. All that hassle when a little pill or 2 can deliver me what body needs, I take vitamins every day.

My wife’s aunt who is a GP swears by them. Then have your veg with a meal.

Thanks but its hardly any effort and i'd rather use natural fruit and veg to be

honest, too many meals i don't have veg with so this is a great easy way of getting

them along with all their benefits

Its also giving me something to do as i have nothing to do now for how ever long this

shut down goes on for

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Or save the effort and take Vitamins. All that hassle when a little pill or 2 can deliver me what body needs, I take vitamins every day.

My wife’s aunt who is a GP swears by them. Then have your veg with a meal.

Same I use vitamin tablets too, solgar vm-2000 I have found best, although juicing allows the body to absorb more in a better way.

Ok so here are some options I give out to clients then building a plan mate. Use it to your advantage bud.

One mango provides 5 grams of fiber, as well as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and huge doses of vitamins A and C.

One pomegranate with seeds provides lots of potassium, magnesium, fiber, and vitamins B-1, B-2, B-6, C, E, and K.

Guava is high in fiber, niacin, and vitamins A, B-3, B-6, C, and K. Guava is also rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant.

One cup of raspberries also provides 8 grams of dietary fiber. High in vitamin c and k.

Oranges are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, and minerals such as potassium and calcium. They're also high in soluble and insoluble fiber.

One sliced avocado contains 10 grams of dietary fiber, 42 percent of your daily value of vitamin B-5, and 35 percent of your daily value of vitamin K. Avocado also provides big doses of vitamin C and potassium.

Kale is also a great source of manganese, copper, fiber, calcium, potassium, and vitamin B-6, and even contains some omega-3 fatty acid. rich in vitamins A and C. It also has tons of vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin that allows proteins to bond to calcium ions.

Brussel sprouts are also rich in vitamins K, C, and B-6, and minerals like manganese, folate, and copper. Brussels sprouts also contain omega-3 fatty acids.

One cup of chopped broccoli, you'll get more vitamin K and C than you need in a day and lots of other awesome minerals like potassium, calcium, and selenium. Broccoli is also full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.

There are so many options mate, I could bore you all day. Going into calories, fats, carbs, proteins.

Bell peppers, artichokes, spinach, etc etc.

/QUOTE]

Thank you for all that great info

Vitamin D wise you can just get out in the Sun (if you can find it!)

What's "the Sun"? I've been indoors for so long I fear I may start to blend in with some of the walls, and before you say it, there's only so much one can do for entertainment in one's back garden! Besides, the darker your skin complexion, the more Sun your skin needs to make the same amount of Vitamin D as a fairer person. Most people in Europe and beyond, suffer from Vitamin D deficiency before these lock downs were put in place anyway, I shudder to think what my Vitamin D levels would be now if I did not take my daily supplements...

Vitamin D wise you can just get out in the Sun (if you can find it!)

Last year it was discovered my calcium level was too high due to lack of vitamin D so had to get tablets,Doc said high percentage of people on Scottish west coast were low due to lack of sunlight.

Last year it was discovered my calcium level was too high due to lack of vitamin D so had to get tablets,Doc said high percentage of people on Scottish west coast were low due to lack of sunlight.

Vitamin D aids the absorption of Calcium... it's actually a lack in Vitamin K that will cause a build up of Calcium which can in turn lead to calcification in the arteries, et cetera. I'd get a second opinion once things return to normal if I were you...

Made my first batch on Tuesday and its surprisingly quite drinkable, just about to make a second lot and

will be adding Apple and Raspberries to the mix :)

I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to voluntarily drink such a concoction. I'd rather take one or two tablets and be done with it.