The mkiv Supra Owners Club

gte tt manual ecu or any ecu

niogio

Hi everyone!

As above i am looking for a oem tt manual ecu for mkiv in good working order or any ecu plug and play with max price 250 pounds because my ECU Capacitors are off. Also if anyone know someone who is rebuilding them please let me know. Thank you very much for your time!:):):):):):):)

Difficult one as your options are limited? I think around £200 is fair, repairing seems hit and miss depending on if the damage is easy to trace, plus you are still then open to other areas of the board failing? new ones are well over £1,000?

Plus I don't think you'll find a tt ecu for £80 these days.

Someone has one available (exactly how many others can you find/have been offered?), and for the price of 3 tanks of fuel, or not much more than one premium tyre you are back on the road, if I had a manual tt 'keeper' I'd be eyeing up swampys as a well worth having spare.

I don't say this to be a dick, just that I think you are in danger of missing out on getting one.

i think is too much to be honest:)...they go around 80 to 100..because they are old in some point the capacitors will go off and you need another one or rebuild or aftermarket plug and play...

No they dont, maybe a few years ago. £200 is more than fair. The supply of cars is very limited, the supply of parts is even more limited. Finding a good used stock ECU will become harder and harder as more and more of them fail due to age.

It seem hit and miss, I sent one to a company that couldn't find anything obviously wrong.

I am tempted to send the semi broken one and a known good one of the exact same part number to someone as I am thinking this must then be easier to fault find but who do I trust!?

thank you all for your interest guys! i am not saying that someone wants to take more money of me or something it is just the fact that if i buy an oem ecu on 200 range i will probably have the same problem in a few years or after a week...you never know..at the moment that is my budget..if i had more money i will be to the plug and play ecu range..but honestly thank you all for your interest so far.:)

It will be interesting to see long term how the ECU issue pans out. We are starting to see this occur a fair bit these days, when it was very very rare if not unheard of for the first 20 odd years.

If it seems to be an age thing more than usage (as it would seem given some historic high milers but no "ECU's gone" talk) then it's going to start coming up again and again isn't it, and even the 'fixes' can be temporary or not cost effective if they become frequent. Is a board that starts to play up, the beginning of the end for it, even if patched up very well but a professional?

Looking at this “issue” from a car audio (amplifiers) point of view, the board will be okay. It’s the components soldered to the board and the solder that will have a life span.

Caps will start to leak with age, it’s inevitable. They have a shelf life just like a battery but you need to catch them before the electrolyte fluid leaks onto the board and shorts it out or worse catches fire.

If you know how to solder and the same or equivalent components sourced it should be an easy fix.

Looking at this “issue” from a car audio (amplifiers) point of view, the board will be okay. It’s the components soldered to the board and the solder that will have a life span.

Caps will start to leak with age, it’s inevitable. They have a shelf life just like a battery but you need to catch them before the electrolyte fluid leaks onto the board and shorts it out or worse catches fire.

If you know how to solder and the same or equivalent components sourced it should be an easy fix.

I sent mine to a company that deals with these boards and they couldn't find anything wrong and I couldn't see anything visually off like others have posted, so not sure where to go getting it fixed. I got a spare from eBay (polish seller) which is all good, even asked him if he could repair mine and he said impossible for him without the car. All I can think is someone methodically checks resistance etc on paths on a known good one and compares to the bad one until a difference is found?

All I can think is someone methodically checks resistance etc on paths on a known good one and compares to the bad one until a difference is found?

That’s pretty much it in a nut shell, it’s a thankless task and will take some time. Checking caps can be done with a small piece of white paper, slide it between the cap and the board and look for any staining.

Ok cool I think I will chat to a local guy and see if he's up for looking at it.

I wonder if say you have autobox shifting issues as mine had you can narrow it down to 'x' number of ECU pin outs and then from that trace possible areas of the board to prioritise/or discount?

Hi everyone! i would like to thank you all for your interest and for your help! after all this posts i take my ecu for a refurbishment to PCS PWLL computer services at south wales as and1c guide me to another post. He change all the capacitors and he clean the board as well. He needs 3 days from posting to him, fix it and send it back to me he is giving warranty for his work and i cost me 84 pounds with post include it.Everything is working with no problem at all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.