The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for advice

tayr

Thanks for all the help guys - i've been doing alot of reading on the forum this weekend but still can't understand why people choose to convert the TT to a single turbo?

Why don't they just buy a single turbo in the first place?

Like Dunk says most of the time it's a progression thing, they have got into the Supra scene and after BPU they crave more power but have a car they've bonded with, or invested in, or know is a good solid car etc.

If you know you'll want high power then it can make economic sense to buy a single straight away but there aren't many for sale, most are modified in all areas which can mean they are unique/marmite to you, you also could be a semi money pit not long after purchase.

Like Dunk says most of the time it's a progression thing, they have got into the Supra scene and after BPU they crave more power but have a car they've bonded with, or invested in, or know is a good solid car etc.

If you know you'll want high power then it can make economic sense to buy a single straight away but there aren't many for sale, most are modified in all areas which can mean they are unique/marmite to you, you also could be a semi money pit not long after purchase.

i'll stick with the Twin with BPU then guys! Thank you!

Hey guys - lo and behold re-checked insurance today - all mods declared Jap import is £805.00

If i add engine mods it increases the premium by 25% but believe it will cover pretty much endless engine mods within reason so once one is added you can just add additional ones with admin fee.

I'm going to arrange to view the supra from the beginning of the thread and see what i think. It's a facelift version i'm guessing its an RZ-S but doesn't have VVTi. I'm not sure how important that is

Thanks for all the help guys - i've been doing alot of reading on the forum this weekend but still can't understand why people choose to convert the TT to a single turbo?

Why don't they just buy a single turbo in the first place?

When going single the power comes on very agressivly. This is one thing in love about it not to mention the sound is addictive

That one is likely an RZ-S, and by the look of the passenger seat would likely have been fitted with 'confetti' Recaro seats from the factory.

I find the mileage VERY dubious if it's already worn through the bolster on a replacement seat! My recaros are both in decent nick with similar mileage.

How it's ended up with the seats it has now is anyone guess really, they can be swapped out so easily.

I'd say the dealer has been a bit slack to not just replace them with cloth of leather ones before bringing it over, it gives off 'vibes' of an (over!?) enthusiastic driver to possible track day car.

At the end of the day with all Supra's now, anything you read/are told needs a pinch of salt, viewing and driving should identify any heaps/money pits and after that it's down to luck what happens.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I have tried responding to PMs but unfortunately can't at the moment.

Definitely need to wait for the right one - my biggest concern as said before is that it was MOT'd last July and has sat idle since. I would of thought it would have been snapped up

for anyone curious to know - the car is actually an SZ-R which had been converted to a twin turbo back in Japan

I'm choosing not to purchase this as would prefer a true genuine RZ/RZ-S

The search continues.. really appreciate the help and advice its been so helpful