The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just resprayed

pauldoug

There seems to be a stigma forcing prices to stay low on OEM 17s. If they are sought after there is value? I don't mean supra tax profiteering. But your price is that for the tyres alone? New Michelin will be £400ish ... so why should someone take a hit on refurb cost and the price of the original wheels themselves?

OEM wheels aren't sort after they are just the current flavour of the month with a few, just like OEM styling. Go back 10 years and it was all different again.

Whilst I appreciate that nobody wants to lose money on parts this continual rarity/sought after tag and consequential price inflation is just getting ridiculous. Parts and cars have a price limit as a member on here recently found out after having his NA resprayed, much to his dismay.

Just because the secondhand value of a part is x and to refurbish it to the point it becomes desirable is y it doesn't mean x+y=z. The problem is people are getting far too greedy with pricing parts and many love their Supra tax. Older standing members understand this, newer ones see it as a chance to make a fast buck.

If you have wheels in poor condition that need a refurbish rather than be greedy, sell them for a reasonable price and let the buyer pick up the tab for having them refurbished and having new tyres fitted.

If someone wants to be butt raped and pay extortionate prices on these so-called sought after parts there is Facebook and eBay for that.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Grammar. (see edit history)

It's okay, be offended nothing happens when you are offended.

Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual or a collective, or a group or a society or a community. Your moral conditioning, your religious beliefs. What offends me may not offend you.

I'm far from furniture but have been on here long enough to know what is considered acceptable and what isn't :)

It's okay, be offended nothing happens when you are offended.

Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual or a collective, or a group or a society or a community. Your moral conditioning, your religious beliefs. What offends me may not offend you.

Steve Hughes..... great comedian :D