The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM Toyota Supra 17" Wheels

Rowlze

I was told by members that these wheels are getting rarer and that they have sold elsewhere for more. Hence the increase. However as stated, I am open to offers and can make some sort of deal with delivery as well.

A few too many playing this game for my liking. Whilst I appreciate that nobody wants to lose money on parts, this continual rarity tag and consequential price inflation is just getting stupid. And trying it on with fellow members is not what this forum is all about in my opinion. The best way to stop this sort of thing is not to buy the parts at these inflated false prices. Those that do are only perpetuating this sort of thing. Older-standing members will understand this, newer ones obviously see it as a chance to make a fast buck. More fool whoever pays £500 for a £300 set of wheels and shame on the OP for trying it on.

There does seem to be a lot more of someone told me its too cheap, so OK lets hike it then. I don't see a problem with it ahead of people making offers. Its when offers have been made and the oops I have reconsidered and decided it was to cheap after people have taken up the offer price that things aren't quite as they should be. Lots of people appear to have moved on from their word and commitment to its not a deal until cash swaps hands.

Maybe the Super Mods need to get together and start looking into locking OP messages and making price changes only possible through new threads. That way any changes will be and remain on public record. The classifieds are a feeding frenzy these days and with a frenzy comes gazumping and backtracking. Thats only going to get worse if the cars become more valuable and OE parts become harder to get hold of.

Trouble is you don't see many mods on here these days. Maybe the mod crew needs to be overhauled as well.

This continual rarity tag and consequential price inflation is just getting stupid.

Couldnt agree more with that, I picked up a set of these wheels myself from another newish member less than a year ago for nowhere near that price.

I appreciate people's advices and opinions and apologise for lack of experience in selling wheels and not putting a price on that people feel is correct. I've done "some" brief research on these and what they're going for and it's anything from £400-£500 depending on the condition. Granted these wheels are over 20 years old so yes they're not perfect hence I'm open to sensible offers. However I don't need people thinking they're salesman and threatening me or making think I need to prove myself to them about the price. . If you don't want to buy them or make an offer on them, then don't say anything. Like anything in life, things can be bartered and I will continue to search around for different prices and adjust the current price to suit as for now this is the price based on advice and other ads. At the end of the day, they're a discontinued item that regardless what people say, are getting rarer. Sorry to cause any inconvenience or disappointment to any fellow members.

For that price you need detailed pictures for all the wheels and information about the tyres. If you are going to be charging top money I expect a perfect set of wheels with a matching set of premium tyres with good evenly spread tread depth. I've been toying with the idea of getting mine refurbed but if I can pick up a mint set for the same price then I'll do that instead. As for the pictures upload them to a hosting site such as photo bucket or similar.

If these are immaculate with decent tyres we can negotiate a price. Awaiting photos.

I agree. I'm waiting on a quote to get all four wheels refurbished. The tyres are Michelin Pilots which I have always had on my motorbikes so believe them to be quite decent. For some reason, the site won't let me upload photos; keeps saying failed.

I agree. I'm waiting on a quote to get all four wheels refurbished. The tyres are Michelin Pilots which I have always had on my motorbikes so believe them to be quite decent. For some reason, the site won't let me upload photos; keeps saying failed.

Create an account on photobucket.com then copy and paste in img tags next to the images

I can assure you they're not 15 years old.

The dot code doesn't lie I'm afraid those tyres were made in 2002, I don't dispute that you probably bought them recently but they've been sat in a warehouse for well over a decade before you purchased them. When did you buy them ? Whoever sold them to you shouldn't have ! I'd be taking them back and demanding my money back but that all depends on how long you've owned the tyres.

The tires were as you have said, new sitting in a warehouse for the best part of 10 years to when I purchased them on that basis. They are still perfectly legal though with plenty of meat on them. It's a bit late for me to take them back unfortunately. Thanks for the interest though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.