The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lumpy vvti idle and stalling...?

Glanza_Mike

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright J cheers mate, I've took the inlet manifold off yesterday to clean it up and spray. I noticed my cam sensor connecter was soaked in oil from my recent cam gasket leak, I'll also clean the throttle which was all carbon'd up so I'll post in a few days about results.

Good news! I sorted it! :)

And funny enough it was none of the things that anyone suggested Haha bloody cars!

So my air filter sat quite close and in line with the rad fan, and it was sucking up all the air the fan was forcing onto it which was causing the maf some troubles.

Moved the filter and it's mint :)

• 1 year later...
I haven't read the full thread, but I had same problem, all of a sudden lumpy idle and stalling. My VVTI solenoid had failed. new one fitted and problem solved.

Just started getting similar problems. Anybody know the part number for the VVTi solenoid?

Also any guides on removing old and fitting new one?

Thanks

Just started getting similar problems. Anybody know the part number for the VVTi solenoid?

Also any guides on removing old and fitting new one?

Thanks

/QUOTE]

If you mean the VVT-I Oil Control Valve it’s part 15330-46010.

Matt recorded the swap here - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?329236-Cleaning-my-Oil-Control-Valve-(OCV)-on-a-VVTI-Supra

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Just a bit of input, but if you do narrow it down to the VVTI solenoid, inside the oil feed is a micro mesh filter, its a service item and if thats clogged it may give you issues.

Hi swampy, is the solenoid the same as the oil control valve as posted above?

Also is the micro mesh filter bit a separate part which needs to be ordered or just cleaned?

Cheers